Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Vinyl

Posted Mar 1, '12 at 12:25pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,663 posts

I was reminded of this thread when I walked around the music section of a huge store not so long ago... the revival of this music medium is in full effect! (o.O)

There's an increasing separate department for vinyl in this store and some albums are 'older ones' made completely new! A question came to mind: Is this to be considered 'vintage' anymore? Really don't know... =/

Posted Mar 1, '12 at 3:47pm

Rakim

Rakim

145 posts

Isn't that like a HUGE contradiction within a sentence there?! How are you going to keep the vinyl in good condtion? =/

I meant producing the "scratch" sound... you know, like a DJ. I do it pretty rarely and my brother taught me how to do it properly. I always try to keep my records in good condition.

There's an increasing separate department for vinyl in this store and some albums are 'older ones' made completely new! A question came to mind: Is this to be considered 'vintage' anymore? Really don't know... =/

That sounds awesome! I wish there were more places to buy vinyl here in Finland. A store that sold only vinyl records just closed down a while ago and I never got a chance to go there. It was quite a popular place among record collector.
I don't really care if it's considered vintage or not. I just wish I could find more places to buy it and I think it would be great if vinyl would make a comeback. In Finland it's cassettes that are gaining popularity again. At least among fans of hip-hop.

Posted Mar 2, '12 at 10:11am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,230 posts

Awe, i miss buying a good old vinyl, back when they were super cheap. There's no stores specifically for them here, and ones you find are "rare" and thus too expensive.

America is good for them well when i was there there were Vinyl shops in maine.

I don't own a collection, but you can't beat the sound from vinyl.

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 10:20pm

idigit

idigit

261 posts

I have three turntables and 200 vinyls

I GOT MINT CONDITION LED ZEPPELIN ALBUMS FOR CHRISTMAS. LED ZEPPELIN AND LED ZEPPELIN II. I Flipped when i saw them. They are my favorite band 33% of the time. Tied with AC/DC and Van Halen.

Reply to Vinyl

You must be logged in to post a reply!