ForumsThe TavernIs Nothing Still Something?

8 2178
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

So confusing.... What's your opinion?

• 8 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

he just answered that in 1 post. new record

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If nothing truly exists, than that would mean that is is something...however, many people believe nothing is only conceptual or cannot exist in a universe with space time.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

"Nothing" is the lack or absence of "something" or "anything," but that entails "nothing" being a state or condition, so that technically would make "nothing" "something."

Radiation_burnzz
Radiation_burnzz
12 posts
Nomad

haha well guys u just shattered the very state of nothing. if somebody baked out of their head and read paladin's post they would freak

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Yes, nothing is still something.

You're never actually doing absolutely nothing. Even when you're dead. You're still laying there, which is actually doing something. Just like if I was sat there, or stood there, nothing in my hands or anything, I'd still be doing something.

Plus, you're always breathing. There's something.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well the number 0 is "something" as a place holder, but I don't know if that counts for nothing. I disagree with I think everyone here. Nothing is the absence of EVERYTHING. The problem is there is no place where nothing can actually exist.

alpharomeocars
alpharomeocars
10 posts
Nomad

No. Nothing is when there isn't something. And something is when there isn't nothing. They are completely different... buy a dictionary...

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith
Showing 1-8 of 8