51 posts
Nomad

just reply if you like it....

• 3 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

im interested but i cant say if i like it or not because i know only the name so far. please describe it.

Darandul
Darandul
51 posts
Nomad

Here's the Prologue...

Seeking the Gladius

Prologue

There are many guardians in the world of the living, and each of them guards something of particular value. Whether being a sole guard or with the multitude of others, thieves who attempt to steal the treasure still have to get past someone or something. There are but two items of immense power that remain unguarded however. And the reason why? Their locations remain unknown. All we mortals know about them is that they are two legendary swords with powers to rival Death and usurp the gods. They are born from the same forge and style, yet they have been altered by time.
Sorcery imbued, this sword has been tempered with many a time. It is originated from Levian steel and will not dent, rust, or dull. The handle is nothing fancy, just a leather wrought grip wrapped around ironwood reinforced with more Levian steel. In fact, it resembles your typical gladiator's shortsword. But, being imbued with Elder sorcery, it is much more so. When in an expert swordsman's hands, it can kill over ten thousand in a bell's time. However, it comes at a price. When the blade gets weak, it draws on the wielder's life force to repair it slightly. If the blade breaks or snaps, it draws on the wielder's life force so much that the wielder dies, but the sword is completely repaired. And if the blade breaks after its wielder dies, the person who killed the sword's last wielder dies to repair the weapon. Yet all things come at a price, and the sooner all mortals know that, the better.
The second sword is so unlike the other that it can make you wonder how they're related. The blade itself is crafted from pure obsidian that rivals the strength of even Levian steel. The hilt is made to resemble the moon, and it can convert moonlight into energy that can repair and strengthen the blade,but only as long as the hilt is intact. The handle is made from hearthwood reinforced with ironwood. It is then covered by strips of more hearthwood glued on with worm fat. Finally, it's enveloped in an iron wrought leather to complete the handle. Legend has it that this blade also reaps every soul it kills and stores it in the blade for eternity. And though they seem to serve a specific purpose, we mortals have yet to discover it.
The two swords were used in the Great War of Ages, the time period they were forged and before their locations became unknown. One sword was in each armies arsenal. The one that resembles a gladiator shortsword is now in the most precarious of places. It ended up in a gladiator's weapon arsenal, who got it in Levolia where he was starting his training as a gladiator. Right now it lies in the Levolian Arena's armory, where just anyone could walk up and take it for themselves. But people would only take the sword if they didn't know its origin, which is a cursed one at that. And some unlucky gladiator picked up the sword at just the wrong time....
This is all I have typed up at the moment... Tell me if you liked it and I can type more...
(Got it written up to page 47 in a book >.&gt

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

AMW, brother. Not the Tavern.

Showing 1-3 of 3