ForumsThe TavernI need a current event

5 2018
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Tavern or the WERP; or if these kind of threads are allowed. But anyway, I need a current event (within the past month) that is related to the first three presidents of the United States.

[quote=My History Teacher]Find a current event (past month) that related to the issues/solutions of one of the first three presidents. Summarize the article and discuss how it relates.[/quote]

I was thinking of doing the SOPA thing and the government taking over business and whatnot, but is there anything else? (I already tried Google)

~

Don't make me create a set of rules telling you what to post or what not to post.

• 5 Replies
atomr3
atomr3
1 posts
Nomad

January 20 - January 28 â" The death toll of a series of co-ordinated bombing attacks in Kano, Nigeria, rises to 185. The attacks, which target police stations across the city, are blamed on the radical Islamist group Boko Haram.[2] Eleven Islamist militants are killed in a shootout in the northeastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri.[3]

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Only one of the first three presidents? That should not be too hard.

Washington- You could talk about the GOP and Democrats and how Washington did not want any political parties.

Adams- I think he would be the hardest one to do. I guess you could talk about something related to free speech and say that relates to the Alien and Sedation Acts.

Jefferson- Talk about France. Jefferson was pro-French I guess you could say.

Here are Links:
Adams and Free Speech
Jefferson and France

And I bet you could find something about the GOP elections. Hope I helped!

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

OMG THANKS!

@ [url]http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/2/8/nation/20120208205432&sec=nation[/url]
Wait so Karpal Singh said something bad about Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak. Then, Datuk Ahmad Ma'arop said it was seditious. Finally, Karpal Singh got charged. Is that right?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Washington- You could talk about the GOP and Democrats and how Washington did not want any political parties.

That's what I'd go with. Or maybe his views on war. Violence is continuing in Syria. Some people want NATO to intervene.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Not in the business of NATO to respond, since it's a defensive alliance geared at taking out enemies only when one of its members has been attacked.

Showing 1-5 of 5