6 posts
Nomad

what are ur favourite activities u like to do in your free time

• 13 Replies
Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

Listening to music, watching movies, reading, playing video games, spending time with my friends and on hanging out on Armor Games ofcourse. Sometimes it's nice to go to a movie or a concert too.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Like I have much free time left. I spend most of my free time listening to music to relax, finding new bands to listen to, reading a wide range of literature/non-fiction, going to the gym, and sleeping. With the occasional CS match thrown in, or a trip to the local Pool Place, I don't have much time to spend.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Hanging online is fun at first....after a while, it's an addiction that eats away at your life, and it's a weary addiction so to speak. Much like Cen. Cen-Syndrome.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Cen-Syndrome.

Cendrome? hahaha
---
Yeah, I like to write in my free-time. And I like to think, thinking is fun. I should be a philosopher. But there aren't really many job openings for philosophers are there? So maybe I'll stick to writing.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Cendrome....yet another update to make to the Cenere Fan Club. He is not going to like this.

I should be a philosopher. But there aren't really many job openings for philosophers are there? So maybe I'll stick to writing.

To answer your question, apart from becoming a lecturer, or devoting yourself purely to scholarly pursuits, there are little opportunities for philosophers, at least from where I come from. However, from past experience and relatives, if you take up more specific courses, such as political or religious philosophy, there would be more openings, at think tanks or governmental consultant agencies and such.

Of course, the situation could well be different over in the USA.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Cendrome sounds like something entirely different.
But yes. The internet. Such a bitter-sweet mistress.
Some of my new favourite pastimes are of course sitting at a desk, looking in wide-eyed horror and confusion at users that need help, stand in wide-eyed horror and confusion and learn how to use new systems we never even heard about in school, sit in wide-eyed horror and listen to the other librarians, and as of today, get better at Guitar Hero, so I can beat the kids at it.
And then, when I get home, procrastinate everything while on the internet.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Still means the same thing, except it sounds more like a name I would give a rogue AI.

A sweet bitter mistress that keeps dragging you back, even though you're jaded and tired. Quite an apt analogy.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Like the Cencore? Which should probably be names something more portal-core-AI-going-on-killer-rampage...y.

It must be the whip and the leather outfit.
Gotta be able to get out of that addiction somehow.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Cencore sounds more brutish....Cendrome somehow seems more malevolent in a sublime hypnotic way. Clearly, my thinking faculties are going to the dogs.

And the rope. Never forget the rope that she uses. So no chance of getting rid of this addiction.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

Play video games, watch tv, and my favorite..listening to music

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i like to space off XP

lol i guess if youd ask anyone who knows my what my fav hobby is theyd tell you its video games but for me its just imagining. when not dreaming while i sleep i am day-dreaming. i do it WHILE doing things too (usually). got me in alot of trouble but it kind of made me who i am today.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

I like to read the stickies and not necro old threads. (heh heh heh... I'd make a great mod.)

Showing 1-12 of 13