ForumsThe TavernWASD or Arrow Keys?

33 5799
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Which one do you prefer and why? I personally prefer WASD because it's closer to the other keys which makes it easier to play the game (unless you have three hands).

• 33 Replies
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

WASD because I can quickly switch tabs (ctrl w) when my mom comes in the room. Also, Raze 1 has you use ctrl and tab for pause menu and scores (respectively); while Raze 2 has you use ctrl for the ability and Esc for scores.

recneps1337
recneps1337
453 posts
Nomad

i like wasd because i play wow alot so its close to the hotbar so i got realy used to it maby too used to it

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I used to like using arrow keys when I was young but later on, I started using the WASD keys.

0novanta
0novanta
5 posts
Peasant

I prefer arrows keys but I'm not displease even WASD control.
I hate the keys as h k and those in the middle of the keyboard.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

I prefer wasd cause on my laptop next page and previous page are right above left and right arrow keys so in the middle of the match i always go back a page and it gets REALLY frustrating in the middle of an intense game

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

@afterburner0:

Yes it would be hard to find a duplicate thread for this because it's in a different section.

I don't know if this would be better in flash games or here.

81tyler
81tyler
48 posts
Nomad

i use wasd keys because when i use them it makes the mouse easier to use

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

WASD ftw

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

WASD. I play shooters and Minecraft, so WASD has to be there to work. I can't have one arm reaching for the mouse and another reaching for the arrow keys at the same time.

Crocodile289
Crocodile289
3 posts
Nomad

I prefer arrow key. Simple!

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

When i used Internet Explorer, i had loads of problems with the arrow keys so i used WASD. I still had a few problems with them. Now that i use Google Chrome, I use it comparing of what the other controls are. If i am using the mouse, i use WASD because my right hand is used for the mouse and my left hand for WASD. With the arrow keys, i use my right hand. If, for example, a function is Z or X, i would you the arrow keys. *Simples*

lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

Depends on the game. For instance I prefer WASD most of the games I play but use the arrow keys for Quake 3.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

It depends on the game. I prefer WASD if I have to use the mouse as well. However, if I don't need the mouse to play I prefer the arrow keys.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

It depends, but more often I use the WASD keys because I can then reach the mouse, and if it was a PC game, the num pad for other controls. I usually only use arrow keys when I am forced to.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

i prefer arrows

Showing 16-30 of 33