ForumsProgramming ForumHTML to SWF

4 10043
bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

does anybody know how to convert HTML to SWF because
i cant find any software to do this instead i find software to ether convert FLA or SWF to HTML or HTML5.

i am trying to solve this issue of not being able to save your games in game maker 8 as a SWF file this would help a lot of people save money on game designing and is easier because you don't have to use action script.

i have already tried to convert to game directly to SWF using a
swiff decompiler but it gits corrupted in the proses and FLA is imposable.

a am thinking HTML to SWF converting is the only possible way to use game maker 8 and still be able submit flash games.

• 4 Replies
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

As far as I know there's no direct or indirect way to convert gamemaker to swf. Bottom line: if you want a flash game, make it with flash... And if you want a game maker game, make it with game maker.

krisnaisawesome
krisnaisawesome
15 posts
Nomad

There is no posible way to convert HTML to flash. But you can use javascript to make a game by using unity!

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

True, although as far as I know that still requires the Unity plugin. You could make 'true' java games, those need the Java plugin, but afaik that's more common than the Unity plugin

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

There is no way to convert non flash based files into flash, because then Adobe would be out of money lol.

Your best bet for making flash games is to get your hands on Adobe Flash CS, probably 4 or 5. They're several hundred dollars, unless you can get a Student discount version.

Java would be a good idea for you if you'd be willing to try it, because it also has applications more than enhanced web content.

Showing 1-4 of 4