ForumsThe TavernOfficial Question/Favourite Item of the TWeek thread: Toilet Paper Orientation

189 50738
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

So this is the "Official Question/Favourite Item of the Week" thread!
Isn't it exciting?

Since everyone has recently shown an interest in asking and answering random questions, I've decided to make this thread. That way the Tavern will not be cluttered up, but such things may be spoken about.

Any other threads asking about favourites or asking a random question shall be locked on sight at the discretion of the moderation team. Notice that some threads asking a question may still exist. Those threads actually harbour some actual discussions.

Each week, a new question/favourite will be asked, and the thread title will be changed to reflect it. As in the other forums, please make sure to keep responses to a reasonable length (IE more than 1-3 words). Inappropriate or spammy responses will be deleted by the moderation team.

So let's get this thing going then! Starting topic:

What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?

• 189 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

windows killersup has always had it and always will

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Won't we need one for hypothetical situation threads as well?

Personally I love Mac. I have a mac laptop which I bought with my own money but our family desktop has been decided to be windows only. So I'm stuck with windows XP. I'm mainly on my laptop but sometimes I have to go onto my PC to play some game that is windows only.

Now seriously, Y U NO MAC?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

My vote goes to mac because I have no other types at home or at school so I can't really say anything else. But I do think they are good computers and stay healthy for quite a long time.

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

I would recommend mac. My whole life I have been using a mac computer, and it always works for me. Btw, macs usually last longer than windows.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss has windows and his school uses windows... But he likes Mac. Whenever he's had a chance to use the computers, he's loved everything about them.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I have only ever used Windows. I have never even seen a Lintux and I have never used a Mac before. As long as my computer works well I don't really care.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I always liked Windows because it is cheaper then mac and runs alot of programs, but linux is also a very close second since it is really stable and you can do alot with the linux.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Thank you! See? I have created a revolution. I am amazing.

[quote=Devoidless]What is your favourite operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc..) and why?[/quote]

I would say Windows by a small margin, because I am more used to the Microsoft Word format on there. Also, the minimize, restore, and close buttons are in the upper right, which I think is more organized. Another thing is that you can navigate dialog boxes with the tab button, while you can't in a Mac.

On the contrary, I would go with a Mac because you can create custom shortcuts easily and take screenshots more efficiently. Small things like these are what I prefer.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

I prefer Windows just because I have been using it the longest. Mac is a bit confusing to me and although at times it is a bit faster, its quite a bit more complicated then Windows

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

Linux so I don't have to worry about viruses

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

On the contrary, I would go with a Mac because you can take screenshots more efficiently.

How is that easier on a Mac? On PC all you have to do is hit the Print Screen button.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm going to go with Windows on this one, simply because I have more experience with it and I know how to use it. Mac is okay, but I've had my fair share of trouble with the rainbow wheel of death.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

[quote=daleks]How is that easier on a Mac? On PC all you have to do is hit the Print Screen button.[/quote]
Hit print screen. Go to Paint. Hit file. Hit paste. Crop out the sections you don't want. Hit the delete button. Repeat 5-6 times. Rearrange the picture the way you want it. Open Chrome. Go to photobucket. Login. Hit upload.

Hit command **** 4. Open Chrome. Go to photobucket. Login. Hit upload.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I will go with Windows because of its easiness and gaming possibilities, just because not all games are for Mac. But I'm good with both so for Internet stuff I don't care, as long as the keyboard is good.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I used to use Windows... but then I took a look at the Linux OS' and decided on Fedora 16. Haven't gone back since.

Showing 1-15 of 189