ForumsThe TavernAre You Listening Honey?

19 2795
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

With the advent of portable music storing devices stuffed with immense amounts of songs, sound-cancelling ridiculously huge earplugs and the like....we often see people stuffing their ears all day long, blah blah blah.

How has that affected you? Are you one of those audiophiles who goes through life listening more to choruses than people talking to you? Do you feel that it has affected your hearing if so?

I'm one of those guys who sticks his earplugs in, broke 5 pairs with heavy usage over 2 years, bless me, and stumbles through life on bad days. Or when I feel bored by the social situation. Which of course has lead to numerous times when my friends or acquaintances have gone over the cliff in rages. Got me into trouble alot with my ex. Tempers and theatrics and all.

• 19 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

The fist thing I do when I go for a long walk or go on the Internet is start up one of my endless amount of songs which isn't endless. My volume is hard enough to not hear any notice but someone talking to me.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

I use my ear buds/MP3 player on the bus to/from school and when i am XC sing and track and field PRACTICE (as they are not aloud in meets). i use my iTunes play list on my computer when i am home. I don't play my music supper loud and my songs are kind of quit. i do know some one who plays there music loud enough that once they left it on during part of the class, and i could hear it across the room D: i also have this thing, i have to have music on. Just always unless i am sleeping or doing some thing like school.

WaKySwAG

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Are you kidding Its all i do really and i love it. I have an iPod that's like two hundred years old (more like 7). I'm constantly listening to it what ever i'm in the mood for. I've always got my earphones on, and i think it really annoys my parents and friends 'cause i have it quite loud and they find it hard to get my attention. Even if there right next to me I normally can't hear them when I've got my music on. but i don't think its affected my hearing when i don't have it on. its good to hear there others that are slaves to there music too. ROCK ON!

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Well I put my Beats Studios on loud and I feel like my hearing is slowly going away, so I'm convinced on this topic I guess I need to let off the high volume.

Showing 16-19 of 19