Forums

ForumsVideo Games

My Own Game

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 11:36pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

I was actually, at one point last year, thinking of a game where the main character would be an experienced hacker. The game would have a similar approach to games like Alpha Protocol, in which you actually learn things related to hacking and otherwise throughout the story.

I wasn't thinking too much about the main character, besides the few facts that he's got a bunch of good friends, and contacts around The US, and he'd be able to use their resources at any time throughout the story. He could then maintain a relationship with is old friends while meeting new ones, and reputation would have a large play in terms of standing with someone. For example, taking out a guy in a particular way could impress some, and others would be thankful for you because of the hit.

I was even going as far as thinking of a Parkour element, mostly because I thought of it was an interesting way to get around during certain missions. Similar to Deus Ex, it would give the player options on how to complete the mission, and Hand-To-Hand combat would be a lot more fun if the character you played as was more agile than most others.

Well, looks like Ubisoft beat me to it T_T

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 7:04pm

TDOG422

TDOG422

529 posts

Ha, yep! They also beat me to a game about a rogue assassin that meets up with his ex red headed partner to kick some major Aspirin...but never mind about that. Good Idea!

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 7:56pm

michaelichaelplank

michaelichaelplank

1 post

i can not understand how to download mediagamez

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 3:17am

TDOG422

TDOG422

529 posts

Cool...but your inability to use basic motor skills is not in context with this...sorry

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 2:39am

OldRavensFan

OldRavensFan

3 posts

I would like to add a penguin NPC shopkeeper, give him plenty of character.

Games aren't just about the main characters; if the little NPCs in a town have unique personalities it makes the experience so much better.

Reply to My Own Game

You must be logged in to post a reply!