ForumsWEPRWhy does America rank first in school shootings?

97 28555
jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

I thought this was a very good question. I want to know what you all think the reasons for this are. Article here

• 97 Replies
SchoolBus
SchoolBus
29 posts
Nomad

Please dont be so "tragedy queen" at the age of 15 or 13! I know what i say and i dont bring in politics. Liberalism is not a political side! Things like your anger on my comment make youngs confused about society! Chill and look behind things! I didnt say anything about political parties! Theres nothing to do with it! Liberalism is a conception or a belief not a political idea! True liberalism is not what you think. At least a political side althought your parents used to say! I hope you will recieve the real worth of liberalist belief after you GREW UP!

Anyways...

Why do bullies thinks that they have the opportunity to bullying others? COZ THEY THINK THEY'VE RIGHT TO DO BECOUSE ITS FREEDOM! "Be yourself, do what you wanna do". Lack of intelligence make its own way to define this phrase! Society should care more about lack of intelligence coz they will mean it in their' way! This is how liberalism acts nowadays, and it's not the UNKNOWN KNOWLEDGE!

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Guns should be controlled a little strictly.
Here in K.S.A, u cant own a gun until u r approved by a panel of psychiatrists.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Why do bullies thinks that they have the opportunity to bullying others? COZ THEY THINK THEY'VE RIGHT TO DO BECOUSE ITS FREEDOM!

You insult victims of bullying everywhere by this outrageous and completely unfounded statement. You think that bullies actually do things to their victims because they think "it's ok and it's freedom?" You have a TON to learn about psychology if you think this is the case. Bullying is about power, and almost nothing else. Sure, it's about abuse from the home, abuse from school, but it is never because the bullies are told "It's ok and it's your right" by "liberalistic" ideals. In fact, did you know Republicans tried to pass laws in Michigan that would make it easier for bullies to get away with the **** they dish out? Yeah, if the bully claims it's for {url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/04/michigans-matts-safe-schools-law-allows-bullying_n_1076494.html]"moral reasons." So much for "liberalism" telling bullies it's ok.

I know what i say and i dont bring in politics. Liberalism is not a political side!

Definition for liberalism:
Web definitions:
a political orientation that favors social progress by reform and by changing laws rather than by revolution.

I didnt say anything about political parties!

No, however you mentioned the political spectrum, and liberals are most certainly Democrats. They are not Republicans, and they are the only other main political party.

At least a political side althought your parents used to say! I hope you will recieve the real worth of liberalist belief after you GREW UP!

Could you please retype this? I cannot understand a word you are trying to get across. For some reason, I think that you might be wishing me harm...
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

That was an interesting article. In my opinion, I think that many people (especially students) feel unloved and unappreciated. They feel that all hope is lost and that (in rare cases) the only way out is to kill themselves. And why go down without a little &quotayback"? They want to get back at the bullies, but don't know how to other than by taking their lives as well. Of course, by no means, is going on a shooting rampage okay, but I do agree that help programs are underfunded.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

That was an interesting article. In my opinion, I think that many people (especially students) feel unloved and unappreciated. They feel that all hope is lost and that (in rare cases) the only way out is to kill themselves. And why go down without a little &quotayback"? They want to get back at the bullies, but don't know how to other than by taking their lives as well. Of course, by no means, is going on a shooting rampage okay, but I do agree that help programs are underfunded.

Then why would adults also shoot up schools? (Often resulting in more deaths than kids hooting in America)
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

cause they play too much cod XD

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

cause they play too much cod XD

Hardly.

Bullying and revenge: I can understand this perspective covered in the article as a factor that *could* lead to a school shooting. However it can not be a sole factor - all one needs to do is look at the statistics of those bullied versus school shoot ups. Not everyone who seeks revenge on bullies will take revenge in such violence.

Mental illnesses i personally believe is the most probable cause. If you read the first paragraph on warning signs, it's something that stems from before one incident, it just may be the case that one incident triggers the illness.

Violent role models i think is kind of a low factor. Maybe it's my mentality but i think for the more mature/older kids who have been involved in school shootings, violent role models shouldn't be a factor.

Drugs: Definitely can contribute but only to ones state of mine rather than capabilities.

Gun access: Obviously a huge factor due to the fact if it wasn't so easy to get a gun, the shootings might not actually take place, but it doesn't mean another significant violent act from the person involved would not emerge.
SchoolBus
SchoolBus
29 posts
Nomad

Definition for liberalism:
Web definitions:
a political orientation that favors social progress by reform and by changing laws rather than by revolution.

First of all, i do not insult any victim with my opinion. I dont get it how you mean! And i can tell you I've learned a TON of psychology, perhaps more then you had! To get your qoute where you say bullying is basicly about power: power doesnt make you be agressive, but there are bullying people who feel free to use their power to get what they want and be what they wanna to be! Thats what I say, nothing more nothing less! I'm a bit tired of explain all my words what you dont understand.

I cannot tell you it more effectively: I DO NOT MEAN THE POLITICAL IDEA LIBERALIS. Just get off of this way! Here are your answers if you didnt learn that much to know what is liberalism!

"Words such as liberal, liberty, libertarian, and libertine all trace their history to the Latin liber, which means "free"."

"Cultural liberalism is a liberal view of society that stresses the freedom of individuals from cultural norms.Cultural liberals believe that society should not impose any specific code of behaviour, and they see themselves as defending the rights of non-conformists to express their own identity however they see fit, as long as they do not hurt anyone."

And here is the proble, you can be individual, free or be anything you imagine, till your freedom or identity does not hurt anyone!
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Constant pressure cracks every body.
When cracked, some people just hurt themselves and some ppl hurt the person(s) who are behind there suffering.

jpd4321
jpd4321
15 posts
Nomad

America ranks first cause of two things.
1. Mental Illnesses like multi-personality disorder. This type of mental illness can cause the diseased to get confused between personal identity. They also can get confused with gender. The disease can cause the person to have a reaction like madness to something happy. The illness can cause a person to kill many of their loved ones.
2. Bullying like thepunisher93 said a person can only be pushed so far for them to crack and hurt ppl around them. I had this problem when I was younger and had to learn to control it.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

1. Mental Illnesses like multi-personality disorder

Your entire definition for this is pretty much false.

Multiple personality disorder is where someone has more than one personality that they are unaware of and switch between.

What you defined is a mix between schizophrenia/bi-polar/anger issues.

Actual MPD is very, very rare. I think there's been less than 20 or so documented cases in the U.S.
jpd4321
jpd4321
15 posts
Nomad

Okay so I messed up so what. Those same mental illnesses or anger issues can still hurt ppl around you including loved ones.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well scizonphrenia can,in some cases. But the U.S doesn't have anymore schizopenics then any other part of the world. So it's probably something else.

jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

These are all very interesting opinions. I personally think it may have something to do with how easily one can access a gun.

Showing 31-45 of 97