ForumsGame WalkthroughsPixel Purge - how do I get the Marksman & Chain medals?

1 5954
darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

I've been playing Pixel Purge for a long time, it's one of the very first games I played on AG. I've gradually trying to earn all the medals, but some of them are eluding me. I wonder if there bugs in them, or certain "tricks" to them that aren't obvious.

First is [Marksman] - Accurately land 50 shots without a single miss.
What counts as a miss anyway? If shoot & hit an enemy but don't kill them, does it still count as a hit? And with the Fire Spread upgrade which makes you fire multiple bullets at once, does it matter which bullet hits an enemy? If 1 bullet hits and another from the same shot misses, does it count for or against the achievement?

I've been trying a strategy where i stay pretty still & shoot the guys that pass by me, taking careful only to shoot when I know I can hit them. And I try to avoiding avoid picking up pixels so I don't level up much, that way the enemies are only the easy green and purple ones. I count every shot I make, taking note of when I can tell for sure that it hit an enemy. I can easily get successful hits 60 or 70 consecutive shots but not still get a medal, so I'm wondering if the Fire Spread thing is somehow ruining it?

And about both [Marksman] and [Gold/Platinum Chain], what effect does shooting a mine have? Does it count as a successful hit or kill for these medals, or does it reset the count for either of them?

I'm gonna try the same strategy as above for the [Chain] ones, and only upgrade the Critical skill, to increase the likelihood that every enemy I hit is killed. But I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, or what I can do better, so I can truly "win" this game.

Also about

• 1 Reply
pmaguire13
pmaguire13
1 posts
Nomad

I am having the same problem but I went up to a higher level so i wouldnt level up and ruin the chance for the medal. I counted over 100 meaning I should have gotten the trophy twice. I only shot enemies and never missed once. I think there is something wrong with that Trophy making it so you cant get the rest.
http://gyazo.com/9dc34c46b35aa14d0f4d884fc55cd763

Showing 1-1 of 1