ForumsThe TavernThe Power Of Google.

22 4314
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Hey well, google search your ag account name, try it. its cool. google search your name, your friends, it will come up with your family too! this is scary, considering i dont feel safe to post on ag anymore o.O (i still will xD) what are your thoughts? should this be aloud?

WaKySwAg

• 22 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

This is another example of Google's way of working the internet... they remember everything about you and what you do on the internet and provide you with search results and advertisements accordingly.

So, don't be afraid wakyswag, it's not only here on ArmorGames, it's occuring all around the internet as a whole... so don't be afraid to post here, as it is merely a 'art' of the internet and is therefor automatically captured under it's umbrella!

brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

Allowed*. And yeah, the internet's a network. The Google search engine just shows everything anyone could access. And I don't see why you'd be scared about posting stuff here.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

so i google searched MrDayCee and here are some pictures i got:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/satisfaction-production/public/uploaded_images/5465586/armatar_296_80_80_c_medium.bmp
and heres another
http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7001/6684873329_3557406edb.jpg
soo just wondering if u still agree its not creepy xD

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

That's what Google is all about. I don't find it creepy and I think it's nothing to be afraid of. A lot of people have gotten upset lately because google is starting to provide accurate advertisement based on the persons searches and stuff like that. I don't think it's a bad thing at all and Facebook has been doing this for a long time already.

And you certainly won't find any information about me if you search "Rakim".

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I never knew google know about my family. They don't have actual pictures of me I don't think.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

they have other people with my name

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

on Google map, if you search for your house, it shows a picture of it...I'm like what? where is the camera? how????scary...

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Ah, the power of google is incredible.
Stalker mania ;o

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

hehe so true xD
ya know googles modo was "you dont have to be evil to be a search engine" now its just "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" also the adds thing, you can now by googleing o.O google dashboard you can turn off search record, delete accounts and services, and clear a search record. i just did, and actrully there was a chat room for people who were suicidal (never used btw, heard it on the radio) and if they said "i am going to use ________ chemical" then an add on the page would say "_______ Chemical Compound, Now 2 for 1 at _____________.com" not good google, not good. also i use google chrome, its awesome but its a little freaky, cause my browsing history is used to make adds on google.com or gmail.com or google products o.O

WaKySwAg

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Very powerful i say
I like messing with google and seeing waht happens

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

xD thats fun.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

click here
and the first result is my account.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Google is pretty amazing in that sense that it can track almost anything. It probably has a lot of new sites come in very fast yet it still can make them come up on a search.

I searched soccerdude2 on google and the first result was some weird mycupid account thingy and then mine!

If you search on images also it shows some of the mental poop drawings I did from my photobucket (it's soccerdude2 as well) and then armatars. It's funny though because my current armatar is not even on there. o_0

It also helps for some miscellaneous things like when I couldn't figure out the color code format for colony I searched it and I found a thread showing it.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

Whoa..thats amazing,it shows all my forum posts and how much AP i have..creepy,weird,but kinda awesome in a way.

blueshrike
blueshrike
75 posts
Nomad

google is very powerful. I agree that the pictures and material you can find on there is a bit frightening.

Showing 1-15 of 22