ForumsThe TavernTHE OFFICIAL March madness 2012 thread

33 5268
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

This is the official march madness 2012 thread.

post your bracket, discuss, and share and exchange oppinions.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/419748_348756161834533_100001004563038_993041_79356845_n.jpg

heres my bracket

• 33 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i made a new bracket for my school pool. i did f-ing good today.

went 13-3. my only losses were montana vs. wisonsin, CSU vs Murray st., and UCONN vs Iowa ST. which im pretty sure most people lost with

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Just did a little better then you. 14-2. UCONN vs Iowa ST. and Wichita ST. vs. VCU were my 2 losses.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I think my bracket is somewhat up to par this year. I got all of the first four games correct to start it off and had a good first day for the "second round" but the next day I missed more with Lehigh and Norfolk state winning as well as st Louis, Xavier, and a couple others.

I really hoped Murray State could beat Marquette but Jay Crowder had a much better 2nd half. Hopefully NC State and Cincy can pull off the upsets.

I'm also in first place for my ESPN group!

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Any watch the Indiana vs. VCU game. There were sooooooooooooo many fouls that should have been called on VCU. Luckily IU won. I am hoping that Indiana beats Kentucky. I don't really like Kentucky.

My bracket is hurting. Duke an Michigan both losing really hurt me. I was perfect in the East until Vandy lost.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I watched some and saw some controversial calls but not too many.

Wow almost all of your upset picks went the wrong way except the Florida pick.

Whew! Both NC state and Cincy pulled it out!

And my great state of Ohio is undefeated! Too bad it has to end because OSU play Cincy.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

The bracket is really screwed up now, lots of random upsets that no one expected

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Whew! Both NC state and Cincy pulled it out!

*Stabs soccerdude.*
I had FSU going all the way. My bracket is dead.
I watched some and saw some controversial calls but not too many.

There was one that was really bad on Zeller. He got fouled a few times and then they called a foul on him for traveling or something like that.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well I hate to say "I told you so" but... I did.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Kansas is not gonna win. UNC is. Obama said so. And I am from North Carolina.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, Kentucky is probably going to win it all. They are a great team and Indiana lost to them.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Indiana lost to them.

So? Indiana isn't that great of a team. They are only a 4 seed.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

So? Indiana isn't that great of a team. They are only a 4 seed.

They were the only ones to beat Kentucky. They weren't the greatest team but during the regular season they beat MSU, Kentucky, and OSU(all of which were top 5 at the time).

Plus seeding doesn't really matter. You could have a crappy season but then do really well in the tournament.

Of the teams that are left:
Kentucky: Will make it to the final game, probably win it all

Louisville: Going to get killed by Kentucky

OSU: Going to beat Kansas, probably lose to Kentucky

Kansas: Good team but will lose to OSU
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I forgot about this. Did anybody win their brackets? How many points did you get?

I won mine with 121 points. Plus, 6 points on my next test :3

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

My bracket actually did extremely well. I don't really know about the points system everyone used, but I got in the 99.9 percentile on ESPN, won my school group, won my family group, won another group in school, and won a group with my friends. Using ESPN's scoring system, I got 1590 points.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Mine was horrible. I don't know how many points I ended up with. It was really bad though.

Showing 16-30 of 33