ForumsThe Tavern[NECRO] Help me with my homework! <3

4 2205
jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

The sources that you chose must be Australian and from the Vietnam War EraYou must include the two sources in your assignment. With EACH source you are required to write at least a paragraph explaining the following:
1. What is being presented in the source?
2. What is the purpose of the source?
3. Is it a reliable source?
4. How may it be useful to a Historian studying Australia in the Vietnam War era?

The source I chose was http://gallery.rsp.org.au/main.php?g2_itemId=2147.

Im struggling with the first 2 questions, how am I meant to write a paragraph on that? T.T Thanks for any help at all.

• 4 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

1. A Vietnam women being held under gunpoint by Allied soldiers is presented.
2. To garner support for bringing the troops home.
3. The events actually did occur, citizen massacres did occur. Whether the fellow is Aussie, I don't know. Either way, it's indubitable that such atrocities were enacted on Vietnamese civilians. Just cross check with other sources.
4. Useful to study the behaviour of the Aussie public in war time; to see if such displays of protests if they did occur, affected the Aussie government's political decisions. The relationship between the electorate and the government in Aussie history. Etc Etc.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

And a tip: Don't go on the interwebz to ask for help. Ask your teacher, he/she is probably going to make it clear as well. Besides, it's gonna give the teacher the impression that you actually care about the subject, which is a big plus in later grades.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Im struggling with the first 2 questions, how am I meant to write a paragraph on that?

Longwinded sentences and fill words.
You know, like when you are forced to make an essay with X amount of words, and you just have to fill the space out.

Like, if you were going to write about the AG-forums:
The source is a forum associated to a flash gaming site, filled with various sections and topics. As this is related to flash games, a flash game section and a walk through section are apparent, but these are not alone, and not even at the top of the section listing. Browsing the sections, various issues and topics are presented, usually with many users replying to each, making their opinions public and sharing solutions to problems, other might have. Doing this, they engage in conversations with each other, while it is also apparent some users only reply to the opening post and questions asked in the title of various threads, which makes their posts seems isolated and out of place, while the discussions and the users engaging in these seems more at home and more well respected than others.

You know, write. Write a few sentences on each detail. Be overly detailed, it will look like you might even understand it.

Also:
Don't go on the interwebz to ask for help. Ask your teacher, he/she is probably going to make it clear as well. Besides, it's gonna give the teacher the impression that you actually care about the subject, which is a big plus in later grades.

That.

Because funnily, most of us are here because we don't want to be doing our homework anyway.
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Nichodemus is like an answer sheet lol

Showing 1-4 of 4