ForumsThe TavernMost beautiful state in the U.S.

30 3332
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

I think it is Alaska. It has amazing mountains and wildlife. Even in the winter, it looks amazing.

• 30 Replies
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

Well I live in Colorado,so its a desert and it has crazy weather.Sometimes the sunsets are beautiful,but i would have to say that Alaska and California is really nice...so im not quite sure.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Canada. You want big islands? Yeah we have that. You want big lakes? Yeah we have that. Mountains, flatland, snow. Snow. SNOW. Ice. Freezing temperatures. Frozen lakes. Snow. Snowmobiles. More snow. Waterfalls. Frozen waterfalls. Snow. Some more ice. Although Ontario is warming up at the moment by a lot. Only one problem. It's not a state. Oh wait that's a good thing.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I've been to a lot of states.. seen a lot of sights. Ive seen mountains in colorado, whales in maine, and glaciers in alaska. I honestly couldnt pick the most beautiful state. I just know that there are some that are much more pleasing than others

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Any desert state with no speed limit.

I don't think they have those... at least none of those on the record d(-_-)b
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Canada.

Not a state.

California is nice for things previously mentioned. I also really like Montana. It was nice, quite, and rural.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Canada.

Not a state.

He already said it wasn't.
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Pennsylvania is pretty cool and nice.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

>implying anywhere in the US is beautiful

ishygddt

Kevbo
Kevbo
14 posts
Nomad

I've been in 17 different states, and of those, I only feel qualified to speak of the general "beauty" of 12 of them. Others I only drove through without making a point of stopping or spending any considerable amount of time therein. But, of the places I've been, and the places I've lived, the most serene and awe-inspiring place has to be the Adirondack mountains in upstate New York. I lived in a small town called Tupper Lake (which is about 45 minutes outside of Lake Placid, NY) for over a decade. There is such an abundance of amazing sights, from endless forests to picturesque waterfront cabins, sprawling expanses of snow-capped mountains and a wide variety of wildlife. I've never seen so much pure natural beauty encompassed in one area in my life, and while I am sure to be humbled again by another place at another time, nothing will ever quite compare to the time I spent up there, fishing and hiking and exploring.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

I say California for the WEST SIDE :P

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

During a number of family vacations I have been in most of the continental US. I would say the most beautiful state is Wyoming, in particular the area in and around Yellowstone National Park.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I think Michigan is beautiful. For the eastern USA, take Vermont.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

I love the Alaskan wilderness. I am a freak for snow

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I love the Alaskan wilderness. I am a freak for snow

Wow, really? I cannot stand snow.
calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

Well for an urban area I think Boston Massachusetts is the most beautiful. It has lots of brick roads and there is a great atmosphere.

As for nature I think Northern California is the most beautiful. It has lots of forests. I like forests

Showing 16-30 of 30