ForumsSupport ForumHigh Scores function is broken in Rebuild 2

7 2298
darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

I posted this topic already in the Flash Games section of the forum but no one responded, and now I think maybe I should have posted it to this section instead. I'm not sure what the best way is for to report a technical issue, so I'll try contacting the game's author too. Here's the link to the original thread I posted:
[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/9426871/rebuild-2-scores-not-working]

And here's the same text I wrote there, copy/pasted in here:

I recently discovered both Rebuild and Rebuild 2, and am loving them. But there's one significant error I've noticed with Rebuild 2: I can neither submit nor check high scores.

When I first beat a game and got the the end screen where it showed me all my points, I clicked on the "submit score" button, and nothing happened. The button graphic did "move" in a way like all the others do when you click on it, so it was acknowledging being clicked, but it just stayed on that screen. I clicked over & over but no screen came up showing my relative scores placement like it does with any other game I submit a score from.
Also on the opening menu when I click the"HighScores" button, it's the exact same problem.

Are other people noticing this? Or is it a glitch on my own computer? I do update my browser & both flash plug-ins regularly.

• 7 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Instead of making a thread about it, you better write an email to Justin about the problem. =)

This way, the problem at hand is directed to the one person able to fix it and it takes less time, plus will be noticed more quickly!

His email address is : support@armorgames.com

Good luck! =D

darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

Oh, ok, I never thought of that. Not even sure where I could have found that info if you hadn't posted for me.
One question though, who is Justin? Is Justin an admin of the website, or the main tech support guy?
I posted the issue in a comment on the game's author's profile page, but the author's username is "sarahnorthway," which sounds like someone else.

Snowflake4579
Snowflake4579
78 posts
Nomad

Thats something you should message the creator about. We can't really help you in the forums.

darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

Thanks for all your help with this; I tend to have trouble communicating due to some mental conditions, including not always knowing who to ask when I have questions, or how to ask the right way.

But I'm still a bit confused about who I'm supposed to contact about this, um... game glitch.
I sent an e'mail to support@armorgames.com on march 18th, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Just like UnleashedUponMankind posted, his description says he'd respond within a day. Maybe he's on vacation this week?
I also looked on the game's creator's profile page (Sarahnorthway) but I'm not finding anything there saying how to e'mail her or what her e'mail address is.

BTW when I looked into the Help section and read the FAQ, it says:
Q: I found a bug in one of the games, what should I do?
A: Leave a comment in the author's profile page or in the game, clearly explaining what happened. Authors love reading user comments, and you'll earn points in the meantime!

So I did that, and posted my original question there, also on 3/18. Was that the right thing for me to? And if so, how can I know if she's gotten the message, or how/where would I see her response? (I don't if she can my e'mail address from my profile, and I didn't include it in my post.)

sarahnorthway
sarahnorthway
2 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I don't check those comments much anymore since the game's been out for awhile (and mostly stable until recently).

But your report eventually got to me and I've fixed the issue. The new version 1.13 should be up soon on ArmorGames. Sorry about this and thanks for reporting it!

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Sometimes, the server has problems. When it does u can't submit. Even though u can't u can still tell ur friends and stuff.

darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

HOORAY! It's been fixed! Thank you!

Showing 1-7 of 7