ForumsThe Tavernnoruz !!

8 1502
amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

well i just waited and waited and waited !!! no topic about noruz nothing !!!! i am a iranian so in our country we have noruz its just like chines new year or christmas ... but with different traditions in the start of the new year (the first day of each Spring) we put tablecloth on the floor or on the table and we put these on them : (mostly seven sins (not sin as vice and transgression) sin is a word in farsi) first : Garlic . coin . Sea-buckthorn . samano (Kind of dish prepared from the juice of germinating wheat) Vinegar .Grass
.Smaq . apples . eggs and fishes and ... these were the mainly but other ppl put other stuff to ...

noruz isnt just in iran but it is in most farsi language counteries like afghanistan like tajikestan and ...

noruz is a traditional new year Ceremony that has been from the time of the Achaemenid empire ... if you wish to know more just ask and oh happy noruz ... sorry for making a topic so late (noruz has passed 3 days)

• 8 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Happy noruz

(mostly seven sins (not sin as vice and transgression)

You meant this seen?
http://www.ukindia.com/zurdus.gif
The first row?
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

happy noruz...even though I don't actually celebrate it.

I guess my question is, what do you do (other than the tablecloth thing) on the holiday? do you have a feast, do you visit with family, or is it along the lines of something else?

-Blade

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

thanks guys ! and yeah i mean seen

and blade : well we have 13 days holiday (schools) but 6 days for all the country ... in the 13th day of bahar (spring) all the iranians go around the country and ... and they take their grass and put it on the ground (mostly green places)

and in the whole 13 day we get eidy (that means bigger ones give money to kids and ... )we wear new and awsome cloths and we go seeing our other families like grandfather and ...

well this is a short description of noruz

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

even after the explenations you made i still dunno what it is.
except that it's a celebration of spring and a new year coming.

so, happy noruz to you aswell =)

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Noruz literally means New day in farsi.
But here it is used as in sense of new year.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

It sounds like a great tradition, unfortunately I live in Hollandand we don''t have awesome traditions like that.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

thank you all ! for saying happy noruz and ... i am so happy thanks !

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

Happy Noruz, even though I don't celebrate it.

Showing 1-8 of 8