ForumsThe TavernNew Computer

11 2882
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Well, my old computer was lagging and 8+ years old, so, last night, I was presented with a new HP Pavilion. Very fast, slim, and just all-around awesome. This topic is to discuss your computer, I guess. Hardware specs, what you like/don't like about it, etc. Have fun.

• 11 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

AMD phenom x4 3.4GHz
HD radeon 6850
8GB Ram
1TB Memory

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I got a new computer recently, i've posted the specs in the video game forums before.

Company: Asus
Type: Gaming laptop
Name: G74sx
Processor: I7 2630QM (I should have waited a month and a half for Ivy bridges to come out >.&gt
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX560 with 3 GB of memory
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 750 GB
Screen size: 17.3 inches HD
Ports: Blueray and DVD drive and writer, SDXC/ MS/ MMC card readers, microphone, headphone, HDMI, LAN, three USB 2.0, and a USB 3.0
Other: Built in HD webcam, super effective and quiet cooling system (you can barely hear it no matter what it's doing)

It can play all modern games at their highest settings.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I forgot, the price was 1400$

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I should have waited a month and a half for Ivy bridges to come out

Ivy Bridge isn't expected until third quarter.

Comp I'm using right now sucks ***, but I'm currently getting the parts assembled for a new computer.

16GB RAM
2TB HDD
i7 2600K overclocked to 5.0GHz
Radeon HD6950
Watercooling
Some other not particularly needed information goes here.

I expect excellent performance. I plan on created an 8GB RAM drive for even better performance.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

My computer is pretty terrible and I don't know how old. But I'm gonna go with pretty old. the specs that i can figure out are:

Brand:Toshiba
At least 4GB of RAM
Graphics Thingy: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M
100 GB HDD
Two Genuine Intel CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz each

The computer's Memory is also partitioned and I am dual booting with Fedora (Linux like OS) And XP until I can get Fedora to have everything and more than XP.

My computer rarely Lags though, and can play most games despite it's age.

And it's also a Laptop just so you're wondering.

frodo86
frodo86
474 posts
Shepherd

No idea about my computer stats, all I know is that it sometimes can be a peice of crap.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Go to control panel( if you're on XP) and just click whatever seems right to find it.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

mine cost me 450 GBP which is around $700 because I put it together myself I plan on getting a better case as I got a cheap one.

Actually can you guys give me your opinions on these 3 cases

I know the most expensive one is best but which would you say is best for money or what you would get

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Ivy Bridge isn't expected until third quarter.

I've seen a couple of sources saying it's coming out in April.

Actually can you guys give me your opinions on these 3 cases

My brother has the first one, I don't like it just because it feels really cheap and unstable, I don't know anything about it's actual efficiency though.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

HP Pavilion. Very fast, slim

That doesn't happen to be a HP Pavilion Slimline does it?

My PC:

Make: HP
Model: Pavilion Slimline S5110t
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core
HDD (Hard disc drive): 500GB
RAM: 3GB
Retail: $469

I am very happy with the performance of my computer, it generally runs pretty fast, it can handle games that require an aftermarket graphics card (that is a miracle in itself... Its a media computer... more for listening to music then for gaming).

The only complaint I have with it, is that it's almost impossible to find a graphics card to install into it, and it has horrible cooling properties (in other words, the internal temperature in the case can get up to 120 degrees).
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't know much about my PC, except that it's custom-made. Which I think is pretty cool. I got it in September because my old custom-made PC was starting to get...well...old.

I'm also quite fond of my 22" Samsung monitor. It makes browsing the internet easier on my slight farsightedness if I set it on the highest possible resolution (plus it makes my screen look even bigger).

Showing 1-11 of 11