ForumsThe TavernWould you rather?

21 3184
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

Question: would you rather be poor but have lots of friends and family or be rich but single and lonely for the rest of your life when your older?

PS. Lets say in your future you cannot "buy" love with money like pay people to date you or adopt.

• 21 Replies
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

PS you have to explain why you chose this.

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

i'd rather have friends to support me and stuff, if i ever got lots of money i'd probably give it away to charity cause you don't need to be totally rich and there other people that need money more.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

friends. its because of my opinion on the meaning of life. we all want different things but in the end we all chase one thing: hapiness.

eternal loneliness= eternal sadness for while support=hapiness for me personally. when there is no hapiness in ones life there is no meaning for his life and he is the same as a zombie.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I think I would rather have friends and be poor. Loneliness would make me sad but I don't think being poor would.

Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

I would also say poor but with lots of family and friends becuase money always has limited happiness and once you buy something, the next day it ends up in the dump. Without friends you have no one to talk to and you die with lots of people who respect and follow you.

I don't really have lots of money myself(not my whole family just my allowance) and I realize I keep spending my money on useless crap at the convenient store every day when I have the chance like candy and chips. I bought gum but I have to chew them when my mom isn't looking cuz I have braces and they have this really cool new desrt gum.(getting off topic so back to the main topic) So ya, if you have lots of money you go bananas and spend it all and end up poor and die off lonely.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Be poor its a easy answer because who wants to live on their own all their life.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I'm going for the happy medium.

Poor and have no friends.

Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

New question: Would you rather die instantly without pain or suffer pain for the rest of your life?

Must explain with detail

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

thats a difficult one. ive always been taught that when the pain is too much its better to just go to sleep. and then i thought about it myself, if i had someone i really loved id want to stay alive and in pain for as long as i can so i could still be with them. but what if i couldnt move? or even talk? i think that person would have plenty of troubles in their life when im in this situation. i really dont know.

and when my cat died lately and i saw him walking all funny and tired i also changed my mind and thought that he would be more happy to just fall asleep in our arms instead of suffering slowly.

i dont have an answer but i hope my explanation was good enough

kitty25
kitty25
107 posts
Nomad

i'd rather die instantly without the pain because i wouldn't want to see my family watch me in pain suffering. like i would want them to see me in a happier place than sitting there in pain. but i'd also would want to go instantly just so all the pain would be over in a fast time instead of living through it.

Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

Poor with friends

I suppose it matters most what makes you happy in life, I assume most people who make money have it in the back of there minds that it will buy them the approval of society, or in otherwords, friends.

You can't just want money, it's physical rubbish without positive relationships

BobbyManning
BobbyManning
4 posts
Nomad

I needed to think for a second for that one.
Good question madame.

I would want to die quickly with no pain. But if I did really care for someone; and didn't want my death to affect them like it would if they died suddenly I would live through the worst pain imaginable and more.

I guess it would all depend on my life situation.
At this very moment, if I had to choose, I would live with a lifetime of pain.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

This is a tough one... the thing is though.. I'm like terrified of pain .. so I would just want to die quickly and with no pain. It would also be easier for everyone else as well.. cuz I know they wouldn't want to see me suffer.. Good questions though!

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

I would want friends.Money can't make you laugh.Friends can make you laugh and laughter is free if your poor.[if your rich then you can buy a clown].Laughter is also the best medicine.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

derp3101 (I laughed, sorry) is right. I would be poor, but I have friends and family. Being rich, meh. Being alone would be bad for your health, eh? You won't ever feel lonely with them around.

Showing 1-15 of 21