ForumsThe TavernShare you Knowledge

8 1748
Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

This is the Knowledge sharing thread, whenever you feel you have acquired valuable information that should be made public to fellow viewers post it here.

The goal is to come up with an epic thread full of enlightenment regarding just about everything that revolves around what we find important.

• 8 Replies
Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

I will begin

- ou only need to type the first part or the last part of a Captcha correct for it to function. The only part you need to type in is the text that is clearly not blurry. Text that is out of shape/deformed is a trick and actually does not need to be entered correctly

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

In order to open a new tab without right-clicking, you can use the middle-scroll button, try it yourself if you don't believe me!
XD

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

- ou only need to type the first part or the last part of a Captcha correct for it to function. The only part you need to type in is the text that is clearly not blurry. Text that is out of shape/deformed is a trick and actually does not need to be entered correctly

A) This doesn't work with all captchas.

B) You're screwing up their system. The way the captchas (sometimes) work is that they give you a picture of one word, and the system knows what that word is, and a picture of a second word, and the system doesn't know what the word is.

The purpose for the first word is to find out whether or not you're human.

The purpose of the second word is so that after multiple users enter what they think the second word says, the system will now know what the second word says and be able to use it as the first word.

Now if you enter something random as the second word, you're messing up their system because it will think that the word reads whatever you entered even though it doesn't. The system is smart and will discard any entries that don't look anything like the other people's, but you're still contributing negatively.

So essentially you're helping them database more words when you enter the captcha.

^I guess that was the knowledge I'm sharing
Deathless950
Deathless950
1,943 posts
Nomad

Whats wrong about that is were helping them for free

So screw them and there god ****ed system, captchas are ridiculous

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Whats wrong about that is were helping them for free

Your selfishness and laziness is beyond words.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

i have no knowledge, so i cannot share
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2011/11/sad-face-rage-comic.jpg&sa=X&ei=RGdyT7-WBO250AH9xr2mAQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHVAs0odlwa79-Y7X2CxkAdGpxvsQ

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Those who cannot share, take.

Those who take, keep.

Those who keep are packrats :O

http://alaskantoys.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/a/pack_rat.jpg

P.S, I hope that works, if not here's a link just in case.

I hate how pictures work on this site

gnosiphile
gnosiphile
58 posts
Nomad

If it compiles right the first time, just scrap the code because you'll never find the error. And there's -always- an error.

Cooking is an art, baking is a science.

Better fat and happy than skinny and miserable.

If anyone ever asks you if you're ready for the catheter, the answer is "No!"

Showing 1-8 of 8