ForumsThe TavernWhat was your first impression of Armorgames?

13 2051
Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

This pretty much explains itself. Tell about your first impression, and, if you want, name a few people who helped you as you were a new Armorgamer.

My first impression:

I liked what I saw. I liked the way the forums were laid out, and I liked the games that were on Armorgames. Before I found Armorgames, I would go from site to site playing their games, and then moving on when it got boring. Not so with armorgames. I used to go something like: Addicting games for 3 days, maxgames for 3, yahoo games for 3, and so on. I have never gotten bored of armorgames. When I first signed up, I got in over my head in the forums. Macfan1 was a really good friend, and he helped me pace myself. He was the first and best friend I have had.

• 13 Replies
Aether
Aether
101 posts
Shepherd

My first impression was pretty much the same, I migrated from site to site. Now AG is the place I come to for flash games and the odd forum post. I wouldn't say I use it a lot, however, AG is one of, if not, ther best site out there.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I think my first impression was "wow, alot of flash games" and I played them for quite a while until I made an account to post my Epic Combo highscore.
For the forums my first impression was a friendly, small, receptive forum that you could freely post your ideas on (as long as it stays within the R&R)

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I played armorgames for about a year before I thought about creating an account. I created an account specifically to get the bonus items on Castaway 2.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Mine was pretty bad. It was on AGv1 and that site wasn't particularly well made and lacked in much content other than games. The games weren't censored so they could be extremely crappy and you didn't know if you were playing a good one due to lack of a rating system. Once AGv2 rolled around everything was swag.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

i was little and thought it was the coolet thing ever and so when i was old enough i was bored one day and made an account

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

That if you are on Armor Games you are either an intelligent philosopher or an ignorant child. You can say something that sounds intelligent, then the next moment you sound like a fool. Then there are those that always have a meaningful post with intelligent discussion and debate, and those that that always post short or ignorant answers to insult others. I like watching these two groups in threads together basically.

My impression of this place. There are users here who made me think about everything.

JohnisFresh
JohnisFresh
58 posts
Nomad

I liked what I saw. I liked the way the forums were laid out, and I liked the games that were on Armorgames. Before I found Armorgames, I would go from site to site playing their games, and then moving on when it got boring. Not so with armorgames. I used to go something like: Addicting games for 3 days, maxgames for 3, yahoo games for 3, and so on. I have never gotten bored of armorgames.

I completely agree. Yep.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I have to admit, I fell in love with the AG forums the day I created my account. This was back in the day, of course, when the forums were always very lively, which was how I managed to get about 120 forum posts in my first 3 days here.

Now I can barely squeeze half that amount in that same interval of time.

As for the games, I don't remember much about what I thought of them but I know I must have played a wide variety of them because I had rated nearly 100 games in those same three days; and back then I didn't even know AP-farming existed, so I know I played each and every one of them to the point where I could give it a fair rating.

I don't know how I remember all this. I guess you never forget your newbie phase.

MasterMor
MasterMor
40 posts
Shepherd

before armor games i used bubble box, but so many games were from this site that i decided to try it out. IT IS AWESOME!!!

hitcher017
hitcher017
62 posts
Nomad

I thought it was gonna be awful, like every other gaming site. But I was Wrong. VERY WRONG.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

I have to admit, I fell in love with the AG forums the day I created my account. This was back in the day, of course, when the forums were always very lively, which was how I managed to get about 120 forum posts in my first 3 days here.

I think we all went a little crazy on the forums when we first signed up. I know I did.
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

Used to come play random games here from time to time, eventually got round to making an account, mostly to get better features in games. Seen lots of crappy flash game sites that are just ad-central and piss-poor website design, but AG is head and shoulders above the rest.

I bookmarked the site 2 years ago and I visit daily to check for new games and play about 7/10 of them. (Not all because I know from experience that some games just won't appeal to me.)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think we all went a little crazy on the forums when we first signed up

Except in my case, nothing has changed since then.
Showing 1-13 of 13