ForumsProgramming ForumAssassin Studios

10 6092
PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

I'm looking for ppl who will help me create a Armor Games exclusive game. It will be big i can promise you that!

• 10 Replies
strouthas
strouthas
24 posts
Nomad

Could you give more details? What kind of game? What kind of help you need? Funds? Developers? Artists? And what is your role?

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Hhhhhmmmm I could help if it doesn't cost me any money lol but I'm might help if its only a little time outa my schedule I really don't have one but like more details plz

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

I have changed my mind, it will be for Android, iOS and Armor Games. Also I will be main man. Its not actually creating a game that i want to do now , its more creating a studio that can make games. I already have one exellant programmer (i'm one too). And people to write the storyline is sorted. I will need one more programmer (little exp. required) and a artist do draw some graphics. So yeah, i hope thats enough!

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

I'm also looking for programming languages, any ideas?

jasonjie88
jasonjie88
28 posts
Nomad

Unity (for 3d), C#, C++, C, HaXe, Unreal (3d again), XCode, CaXe (HaXe and AS3 had a baby here), and Javascript... for games that is. And I seriously recommend HaXe. That one gives you optimized code and helps you publish to multiple platforms. (I've never used it myself, but you can buy a tut book from Packt Publishing.) Can't help here, though, still in school. Have fun!

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

Thanks guys!

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

Ideas for games?

jasonjie88
jasonjie88
28 posts
Nomad

Ideas? Huh. Choose a genre, and add some game concepts that would make the game unique.

jasonjie88
jasonjie88
28 posts
Nomad

Ideas? Huh. Choose a genre, and add some game concepts that would make the game unique.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I have changed my mind, it will be for Android, iOS and Armor Games

I'm also looking for programming languages, any ideas?

If you are making anything for AG you will be using actionscript 3. With CS5 you can make android apps for any android device running ice cream sandwich. Probably not the best flash is resource hungry and most android devices don't have many of those. I don't think AG accept anything in unity engine yet.

Unity (for 3d)

Also for 2d and it works quite well for that. You can have some pretty cool effect in a 2d game if you can also do some minor 3d.

I already have one exellant programmer (i'm one too).

No offense but if you're asking what language to use for game development then you're probably not an excellent programmer. I think you need to step back and be a bit more realistic with this. If it's your first game then working on a flash game is probably not your main concern unless you have take some software engineering classes where you worked in large groups creating android apps or have equivalent experience.

It just seems you played around with flash or another programming language a bit and decided on this grand goal of starting a company up. If you don't know what tail recursion, stacks, software development cycles, pitfalls of the waterfall method, optimization is in detail then you probably haven't learned enough of programming yet.

Just your spelling, attitude to this the fact you're posting on AG for experienced programmers gives me the impression you are in far to deep.
Showing 1-10 of 10