ForumsThe TavernDo you think asians, in terms of gaming are in another level?

16 2363
sheiji312
sheiji312
2 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I must say.. i have been hearing that asians are better when it comes to gaming. I'm not bragging or anything I just want your opinions on how you rate asians. THANKS!

btw, this is my first post. ARMORGAMES rocks! \\m/

• 16 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

based on what people hear asians are better at everything lol. but i do think those are just stereotyping. what i CAN say is that because all the games start over there the gaming community is larger. so in a way there is kind of truth in this one. i mean if you look in israel... no one knows who zelda is and thats sad .

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, stereotypical. But, a true stereotypical truth is that Koreans are SO GOOD in StarCraft. Yeah... But I'm asian and I'm bad at Battlefield 3.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Wow, this is random. Can it get any more random than this?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Wow, this is random. Can it get any more random than this?

You just managed to make it.

Doubtfully. Never heard that stereotype besides gaming being an actual sport in one/some of the Asian countries, which is amusing but might also be taking the concept too far.
There is simply more to win, just like there is more to win in being a manga-ka or being a businessman and what not.
Considering the culture in some(?) of the Asian countries, people there are going to have an enormous success rate against a good bunch of the Western countries.
But that is most likely not translating well to people of Asian descent but with a Western culture. But what do I know.
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

No is the answer. Asians aren't any better or worse at anything. The only race of Human beings in the world that has any advantage over another is actually Africans, because they are genetically better athletes.

True story.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

No offense to asians, but you took over a lot. Even our musical instruments. I mean sure they're great at it, but instead of just playing how bout you actually compose.
In terms of gaming, aye they're better, but one can't help be good at what you make, considering the Japanese make many games.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I don't think they aren't 'gifted' at gaming its just because they play so much that they are good but I guarantee they can't just pick up a game and annihilate it like people seem to think.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

lol never heard that till' now but thats really stupid. do u really think someones nationality will rate how good that r at gaming?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Perhaps the stereotype of people from Asian descent being better at so many things than people of other nationalities comes from the idea of discipline that is observed in many Asian cultures. It isn't that they're necessarily smarter than everybody else, they're just more motivated to succeed and therefore less likely to give up until they've reached what they feel is their maximum potential.

That's just what I believe prompted the stereotype.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ok Asians hhhmmmm let's see as in making games or playing ? Well if it's playing then they might be better im not really sure none of my friends are Asians soo I'm not sure about playing but creating games I have no explanation for that

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Perhaps the stereotype of people from Asian descent being better at so many things than people of other nationalities comes from the idea of discipline that is observed in many Asian cultures. It isn't that they're necessarily smarter than everybody else, they're just more motivated to succeed and therefore less likely to give up until they've reached what they feel is their maximum potential.

That's just what I believe prompted the stereotype.

that and the fact that they have no siblings.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Oh, and do Russians fit in this category too? Since some of them are technically in Asia.

that means im asian too :3

but if its israel then we are probably the worst gamers overall. pretty much nobody here knows anything about video games
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Russians. A people who are warlike but didn't attack the south, more the west. They're language is full of V's and R's and L's, and they're written word isn't completely unlike ours. Asians; language often full of sounds that differ slightly but can mean the difference between mother and horse. They're languages, apart from korean, are extremely complicated.
I think it's safe to say we're not including russians =D

Compose; to create, invent, enact. Generally applies to music, but can be used poetically for other things that involve creating.

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

But, a true stereotypical truth is that Koreans are SO GOOD in StarCraft.

I'm Korean, and i havent got a clue as to what Starcraft is... but its really not true that we asians are excellent at video games. We are about as good as the next guy. :P
Showing 1-14 of 16