ForumsThe TavernPost your desktop (revival of the classic)

26 6335
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Have a cool desktop? Post it here! If you don't know how to, when you are on your desktop (no open windows, you're taking a screenshot) press the button "PrntScr", paste the picture on something along the lines of Word/Power Point/etc. and save it as an image. From there, upload it to a photo sharing account on the web and copy the URL location. Well, to start it off, here's mine ^_^
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qYJ72bmHiHw/T39SP4bWVcI/AAAAAAAAABg/sp-z_TOjuiQ/w938-h527-k/desktop_1.png
Questions?

• 26 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I won't post my actual desktop (there's some folders with names of things you shouldn't know) so i'll just post the picture. I made it a few months ago in photoshop

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/master565/portal_both.jpg

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

that's a cool pic master565. I wish i could put mine on put its boring. 'Cause I've got a netbook thing and you can't change the desktop

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

@master: Nice desktop

I've got a netbook thing and you can't change the desktop

Really? That stinks, what kind?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

If you don't know how to, when you are on your desktop (no open windows, you're taking a screenshot) press the button "PrntScr", paste the picture on something along the lines of Word/Power Point/etc. and save it as an image. From there, upload it to a photo sharing account on the web and copy the URL location.

Well I get all my pics from the internet so I can skip all the steps and just post the pic.

I change my background pretty often but this is what it is right now:
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/1052.png
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

^That one is pretty neat, did you see the movie?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Joe96, How'd you get the thing at the bottom that's like an apple computer's desktop? Not to mention the ones on the sides! How'd they get there? And how do you organize things into groups with labels? TEACH THABOSS PLEASE!

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

Really? That stinks, what kind?

A sonny one, I wanted a picture of my cat or something cool but it wont let me. I think that's how most netbooks are. Oh but to make up for it I've got a pretty cover on it, from Skinit.com, of a whale jumping out of the water. (my fav animal)
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Joe96, How'd you get the thing at the bottom that's like an apple computer's desktop? Not to mention the ones on the sides! How'd they get there? And how do you organize things into groups with labels? TEACH THABOSS PLEASE!

Hey, I thought nobody would ask
The thing I have on the bottom is Objectdock (Free) which is a nice way to organize a few of your more common programs. The thing on the left is Dell Dock which comes with Windows 7 (although I think you can download it online for free) and expands into groups when you click on one of the icons (I custom added the mushroom using IcoFX). The things on the right are the "widgets" that come with Windows (and a few I added from online). The groups on top are Windows Fences (also Free). Also, if you note the little house icon and numbers in the bottom right of my screen, that is Rainmeter. And if I didn't show how big a nerd I am yet, I do have Windows Aero enabled and created the moving background theme for Battlefield 3 myself.
A sonny one, I wanted a picture of my cat or something cool but it wont let me. I think that's how most netbooks are. Oh but to make up for it I've got a pretty cover on it, from Skinit.com, of a whale jumping out of the water. (my fav animal)

Haha nice
About the wallpaper thing, you tried right clicking on a picture that you wanted, right? (not trying to insult you, just checking). Even netbooks should be able to customize their background. Maybe try to find a picture off the internet and see if you have the same problem, otherwise, I don't know what to tell you :P
AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/06/1265813231-wallpaper_fairytail_3-031378f520.png

Jazmoon
Jazmoon
561 posts
Peasant

About the wallpaper thing, you tried right clicking on a picture that you wanted, right?

yeah i do, (just tried it XP) but the person who sold it to me, told me it doesn't have enough memory space or something. But it doesn't really matter i'll live
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

yeah i do, (just tried it XP) but the person who sold it to me, told me it doesn't have enough memory space or something. But it doesn't really matter i'll live

Oh, that would explain it, but like you said not the end of the world.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

did you see the movie?

I did. Enjoyed it too.

Here is another wallpaper I have used:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--A4pILKOBzM/Ti1q6D4j_LI/AAAAAAAAIbQ/UPrjRjohz-0/s1600/283506_216269618419061_189611647751525_610863_3480892_n.jpg
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I did. Enjoyed it too.

I didn't read the book, but I still got to get out of school the day it came out to see it (my first high school field trip lol) because my English read other dystopian themed books. I thought the movie was okay, but the cliffhanger really bummed me out

Huh, that picture seems familiar, but I can't remember what it's from :P
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I have about 25 or so pictures changing every 5 seconds on my desktop, so if I post ALL of them here my screen might just blow up.

Basically just look on the national geographic website and you have about 20 of them.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

What do I do if I have 600 and something cool wallpapers?
http://gamingshogun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hail-to-the-king-baby-duke-nukem-forever-wallpaper.jpg
Thats one of my favorites of the ones I can post here.

Showing 1-15 of 26