ForumsThe TavernDo you like illusions?

1 1209
Soonsaymine
Soonsaymine
51 posts
Nomad

One of the many things I enjoy is illusions! I like the feeling when you leave someone puzzled after pulling off a nice illusion or card trick. Do you have any favorite card tricks or illusions? If so post the trick here and if you want a how-to.

My trick: Note: This trick does not involves jokers and the trick is ruined if they are left in the deck.

Take a deck of cards and deal them into 2 equal piles (26 cards each). Ask a spectator or just yourself and have them look at the bottom card of the pile of their choice. Now have them put the deck with there card on top of the other. Now deal the cards into 4 equal piles (13 cards each). Have the spectator find their card and tell you which pile it's in. Stack their pile on top of the other 3 and then spell out the word PRESTO putting 1 card on the table for each letter in the word.
P
R
E
S
T
O
Now take the card on top of the main deck and flip it over to be the chosen card!

How to:
The trick works itself out. It's all math, just follow the easy steps and wow the crowd!

• 1 Reply
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

half a deck of normal cards (no jokers in it) in two decks, one only black cards and one only red cards. let someone pick a card from one of the two decks, but so that only he/she sees the card. put then the card in the other deck, mix it and search the card. reveal the card and tada! it is the chosen card!

example:

the chosen card was from the deck with red cards, then you have to mix it into the deck with the black cards.

it is nice to explain how some tricks work but a true magician wont spoil his/her own tricks. thats the reason why the masked wizard is hated by the other wizards, the he explains the tricks of other wizards.

Showing 1-1 of 1