ForumsGamesAnything Elder Scrolls

99 18221
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Put anything related to an Elder Scrolls game here. Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. And you can talk about the DLCs.

• 99 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Race: Nord
Birthsign: Lady
Major Attributes: Strength and Willpower
Major Skills:
Blade
Block
Heavy Armor
Armorer
Mercantile
Illusion
Destruction

I agree with Mr_sand on a few points.. I usually am a warrior Nord too. But my major attributes are Strength (no need to say more) and Endurance (for the health of course). That leaves me slightly weaker to magic attacks but I usually manage to live with that.

I agree with your four first major skills. I would rather set Speechcraft instead of mercantile; Speechcraft allows you to bribe merchants more easily which also gives you better prices.
And I usually never take any magic skills because I rarely use magic as a warrior. I prefer to use Athletics and Acrobatics, I can make better use of those.

Anyone played Morrowind? I'm sad that they took away Medium Armor; in Morrowind that was my favourite type of armor, because it didn't weigh as much as heavy armor but still gave a significantly better armor rating than light armor. Plus most medium armor sets looked cool only at very high levels I would slowly switch to heavy armor for even better AR. Although the Ebony Mail was an artifact that was typed as medium, but was as good as a Daedric cuirass.. aaand it had a shield enchantment.
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Anyone played Morrowind? I'm sad that they took away Medium Armor

As a matter of fact, there is a kind of Meduim Armor in Skyrim, it's just hard to come by.

And I usually never take magic skills

I don't normally in Skyrim. But I always have Illusion because otherwise I need torches which take up wieght and room in my inventory. I have never used Destruction until now, because I normally have bows. But bows take up room and wieght.

I would rather set Speechcraft instead of mercantile

I never persuade people, and I always have Mercantile. In Skyrim, I have Speechcraft because they took away Mercantile. Mercantile lets me sell junk for better prices, and I tend to get a lot of junk in my inventory. Mercantile is a hard skill to level, but it is worth it when i'm a master and can sell stuff for 150% the regular value.
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

And just for you @melon0111, this is an Elder Scrolls forum. News Flash! Skyrim is an Elder Scrolls game. So you can post about it here, I can talk about it too.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Anyone played Morrowind?
I played it but I didn't like it. I think it was because Morrowind was such an old game and I played Oblivion first.

But I always have Illusion because otherwise I need torches which take up wieght and room in my inventory. I have never used Destruction until now, because I normally have bows. But bows take up room and wieght.

Torches don't weigh anything I already said that. Also if you have higher strength you carry more things. Plus you really only need one bow and its nowhere near as heavy as a sword or axe. It sounds to me that you would be better with Conjuration and having a bound bow that way you don't have extra pounds to carry.

I never persuade people, and I always have Mercantile. In Skyrim, I have Speechcraft because they took away Mercantile. Mercantile lets me sell junk for better prices, and I tend to get a lot of junk in my inventory. Mercantile is a hard skill to level, but it is worth it when i'm a master and can sell stuff for 150% the regular value

I don't see the point in buying anything except for spells because every other thing you can either steal or pick up off of some dead body. The only thing I would do is sell but I don't see the point in that if I don't buy anything. Merchants never carry Daedric weapons and as far as I have seen they are always 1-2 levels below you with loot.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

As a matter of fact, there is a kind of Meduim Armor in Skyrim, it's just hard to come by.

Which would be? At least there's no medium armor class and skill.

I never persuade people, and I always have Mercantile. In Skyrim, I have Speechcraft because they took away Mercantile. Mercantile lets me sell junk for better prices, and I tend to get a lot of junk in my inventory. Mercantile is a hard skill to level, but it is worth it when i'm a master and can sell stuff for 150% the regular value.

In Morrowind it would make much more sense to use Speechcraft since there it is extremely convenient and sometimes avoids you tiresome additional efforts (bribes and taunts are extremely useful ). But it's true that in Skyrim and Oblivion this aspect went lost, too. But Mercantile raises automatically, even if very slowly, and usually I get enough money of the stuff I'm selling anyway. At least that's the reason why I don't take that at the beginning.

I played it but I didn't like it. I think it was because Morrowind was such an old game and I played Oblivion first.

You didn't give it a fair chance.. well I say this as someone who has played Morrowind several times before Oblivion even came out . But although the graphic and physics are pretty old, Morrowind has a much better story, lore and character depth than Oblivion and Skyrim together. Skyrim is simply a better Oblivion, but Morrowind is and stays my favourite due to it's atmosphere.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

You didn't give it a fair chance.

I dont like the excessive amout of reading that takes places and very little dialogue. The game is dark and im not use to the skills. The graphics weren't that good either for a PC game. I think I have seen better graphics on the Nintendo 64. Im not saying I haven't played it I am just saying that I like Oblivion alot more[quote]
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Which would be?

There is no skill, and there is no classification, but there is an Imperial Studded Armor, which is called by Beirand in Solitude, Medium Armor. There is also Ebony Mail, which is classified as Light Armor but has a much higher armor rating than most Light Armor. I just hope that in the next Elder Scrolls game they will return Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor.

In Morrowind

I do not own Morrowind, so I can't answer questions about it. I'd have to buy an Xbox. I play on the Xbox 360. I can't play Xbox games on a 360.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I just hope that in the next Elder Scrolls game they will return Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor.

What is the point of medium armor. I can understand why they would take it out because it doesn't really sound valuable. I think that light and heavy would be good enough. And if you never have played Morrowind then how would you even know about medium armor.
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

And if you never have played Morrowind

Tsk tsk you miss the details. I said that I dont own Morrowind not that I never played it. I honestly thought a forumer such as yourself could have realized that.

What is the point of medium armor. I can understand why they would take it out becouse it dosen't really soun valuable.

The point of Medium Armor is that you can enjoy almost the protection of Heavy Armor while having the mobility and speed of Light Armor. I, for one, am willing to sacrifice mobility in Skyrim and Oblivion so I can have good protection. I don't say I like it, (I really don't), but I enjoy protection more than weight or mobility. Not by much, just a little bit. Medium Armor is the hybrid solution to Heavy and Light Armor. Like the Daedroth are kind of a hybrid of Daedra and crocodile. Or a Kajiit a hybrid of man and cat. Or an Argonian a hybrid of man and lizard.
EpitomeofAwesome
EpitomeofAwesome
24 posts
Peasant

If for medium armor you get the speed and mobility of light armor then what is the point of light armor. I think Heavy and Light are the only needed divisions of armor, D&D and all that.
In skyrim I didn't find the speed reduction for heavy armor too noticeable (at all) and there is a perk too remove it's mobility issues anyway. My full set of Legendary Dragon Plate Armor is awesome. Although recently I've been finishing up the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild quests and Wearing their respective armor for the heck of it.
100 sneak plus all the sneaking perks is OP, especially if you have shroud gloves from the dark brotherhood (double sneak attack damage) with the last perk you turn invis for a second stopping combat which means a free sneak attack, and if you have the 15x damage for dagger sneak attacks that means 30x.
So I run around doing 1,506 damage and insta-killing everything if I feel like being cheap.

First elder scrolls game I've played, I chose a race based on looks (lol) and made him look awesome. I play a very adventurous well built High Elf with striking green eyes who specializes in One handed, Blocking, Sneaking, lockpicking, pickpocketing, enchanting and archery. I also have 100 in smithing and speechcraft but w/e.
Now that I'm finally turning my attention to spellcasting highborn magicka ability thingy is awesome for sitting around leveling my lame sub-level 50 spell schools.
Level 57 currently and I just a little while ago finally got that horn of the windcaller dude for the greybeards.
Fus Ro Da is best shout (<3). Deadric sword with flames, and Spellbreaker. Nightingale (I can make a better one butI like this bow) bow because it's awesome, I wish you could craft arrows (i know there is a mod for that but I have the game on xbox), although I use Melhune's Razor a lot for sneak attack stuffs. 50k gold, gonna buy a few houses or something.

Gonna do the Oghma Infinium Book glitch to max everything and put the points in magicka (400hp and stamina already) and try being a mage for a while. Should be fun.

just my 2 cents

Love the game

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Tsk tsk you miss the details. I said that I dont own Morrowind not that I never played it. I honestly thought a forumer such as yourself could have realized that.

You don't need to own it to answer about it. I don't own it I borrowed it but I played it long enough to know about it

The point of Medium Armor is that you can enjoy almost the protection of Heavy Armor while having the mobility and speed of Light Armor. I, for one, am willing to sacrifice mobility in Skyrim and Oblivion so I can have good protection

I don't really rely on my AR because my character is fast and can outrun anything. I am good with the bow and I can sneak past pretty much anything. Plus alteration gives you a better armor rating. I am sure I could beat the game with little or no armor. I used Mithrill armor for half the game until I realized that I should be using glass armor. I think that Light/Heavy armor really only matters if it is your main skill otherwise I will just put any armor on that is the highest. It is more common to find Light armor first at lower levels. I find AR more important in Fallout 3 than Oblivion.
But I guess in the circumstances of my Fighter then I will always use it.
Also armor decreases how effective your spells will be so its also not that useful for Mage type characters

When a Master in both Light Armor and Heavy Armor, both provide the same defense at the same quality (Glass-Daedric, for example). The only difference is that Heavy armor has more health.
So that means you could be just as protected with glass (light Armor)
This is because oblivion won't allow the player to have an armor rating above 85. And both in full sets put you at 85
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If for medium armor you get the speed and mobility of light armor then what is the point of light armor. I think Heavy and Light are the only needed divisions of armor, D&D and all that.
In skyrim I didn't find the speed reduction for heavy armor too noticeable (at all) and there is a perk too remove it's mobility issues anyway. My full set of Legendary Dragon Plate Armor is awesome. Although recently I've been finishing up the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild quests and Wearing their respective armor for the heck of it.

The point is that light armor is extremely light even compared to medium armor, and although it offers poor protection, it is very cheap and quite affordable for a beginner (except for Glass of course). Someone who is into medium or heavy armor needs to collect more money for a full set (except that I know where to get a full set of the best medium armor right from the beginning, dangerous travel included of course^^).
The drawback of the weight of heavy armor is that in Morrowind, it weights really a lot, it slows you down noticeably and when you're overencumbered, you don't move at all, in contrast to Skyrim where you can still walk slowly.
Also in Morrowind you didn't have all the perks etc. The point is not that they took away medium armor because it made no sense anymore; it's that they made the game fit for a dual system only - heavy/light. In Morrowind it indeed made sense to have medium armor since it was a convenient middle-ground, and also Daedric armor was much, MUCH rarer than in the next two games.
Plus, I can't stress enough that it simply looked cool... I miss Indoril armor :P
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

My 2 different sets of armor in case no one believes me it also proves that it doesn't matter what armor you choose to use in the big scheme of things. Also I don't think medium armor would work anymore or its not needed because basically you have 3 types of classes

Stealth - Light Armor, Speed Agility

Warrior- Heavy Armor, Strength Endurance

Mage- No Armor or light armor. Armor makes spells less useful and not so much needed.

So maybe if they made Light armor for mages Medium for stealth and Heavy for warrior/fighter types. Then it would probably work. But anyway here are my pictures to prove that it really doesn't matter what armor you use at least in Oblivion

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr261/dirtbaggy/My%20Oblivion%20Pictures/ScreenShot39.jpg

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr261/dirtbaggy/My%20Oblivion%20Pictures/ScreenShot40.jpg

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

that it really doesn't matter what armor you use at least in Oblivion

True.. In Morrowind medium made sense at least to me, in Oblivion you can do without.

I also had to think about the Unarmored skill in Morrowind, it was useful for weak mages or scouts, but in the end a good set of armour still gave you much better AR.. I can see why they left that skill out. Although it would make more sense in Oblivion than it made in Morrowind, since in Oblivion mages couldn't wear armor additionally to their clothes (which they could in Morrowind) so having an AR without armor would be practical there.
157C
157C
58 posts
Peasant

Oblivion and Skyrim forever, i know everything there is to know about skyrim, and Oblivian is just awesome, the graphics are ok but still fun. ELDER SCROLLS FOR LIFE

Showing 16-30 of 99