ForumsArt, Music, and WritingA short story by me and my friend.

2 2787
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

An ovoidish adventure

Zack Cosmos and Josh Quasar stared at each other in awe, with the shiny game disc in their hot, sweaty hands.
âWait. Rewind. What just happened?â they said in union.
Earlier that month, on a hot summer day, Zack and Josh agreed to compete in the Gamer's Exciting Noble Eccentric Systems, or GENES for short. The prize for winning was a lifetime supply of Key Lime pie from Num-Num inc.
They worked long and hard on the game, brainstorming, designing, and programming. And now they had finally finished. They had completed their game, An Ovoidish Adventure. All they had to do now was to deliver the disc to the convention.
But then, tragedy! The boys were at the bus stop chattering about what a good job they did on the game, when somebody ran up, snatched the disc, and dashed into a nearby alley.
The man was in a green, leathery trench coat, and an immense fedora. He had ghoulishly white hair, with curly sideburns and an outrageously long beard.
The boys yelled at the man and dashed after him. When they went into the alley, they realized the man wasnât there! Instead, a small purple portal was in his place!

The boys looked at the portal in astonishment. They had never seen anything like it.
âUm, there is probably a 99.99% chance that thief jumped in that thing,â Zack said.
Josh replied, âWell duh, he went in there! Letâs get our disk back!â

And with that, Josh grabbed Zackâs hand and jumped in. When they landed on the ground, they looked around. The sky was in a sunset hue, and there was green grass everywhereâ¦.even in the air! There were coins floating above the grass and there were cubes with many faces and swords.

âDudeâ¦.We are in our game!!â Zack exclaimed.
âI know. Alright, that guy has our disk and we have to get it back, Josh said.

The cubes turned towards the boys and charged after them.

âUh, how did we program these cunning squares? Wait, check the manualâ Josh said.
âIt says, âCubes will disintegrate you if they catch youâ,â Zack read.
âWell, isnât that comforting, âJosh cried.
âWait, check my pocket!â
âOooo, your walletâ
âNo, my other pocket!â
âWhatâs this?â
âThe lazer-matic 5000. Press that red button with the nuke symbol on it.â
Josh pressed it and flinched, as if it were going to explode. But instead, it launched a giant laser ball and exploded on a cubeâs face shattering it and 4 by-standers into little tiny blocks.
âCome on!â Zack screamed.
The two boys ran through the levels running, jumping, and shouting at cubes, and finally arrived at level 25.
When they completed level 24, Josh asked, âOkay, and thatâs 24. Wait, arenât there 25 levels?â
Zack looked at the manual and said, âYes and level 25 is the boss.â
âBut that meansâ¦â Josh started and at the moment, a giant cube appeared and roared.
âITâS CUBERT! SHOOT!â Zack screamed.
âI am but itâs not working!â Josh screamed back.
They screamed and ran away, desperately searching for shelter with Cubert chasing them.
The boys hid behind a tree, breathing hard. The giant cube was slowly approaching.
âWell, I guess this is it. Nice knowing you, Josh,â Zack cried.
âYou, too, buddy,â Josh sighed.
But then, Josh noticed a strange weapon. It was about 3 times as big as the Lazer-matic 5000. It was the Zynoton!
âWait! Get that gun!â Josh ordered.
âRRAAGGHâ Zack made a leap for it. He grabbed the gun, Josh ran up, and he hit the button. At that very moment, the Zynoton launched an enormous laser ball. It erupted on Cubertâs face causing Cubert to explode into a giant fireball the size of a dwarf sun. The explosion was so forceful it knocked the boys unconscious and flung them into space.

The boys woke up, and stared at each other in awe, with the shiny game disk in their hot, sweaty hands.

âWait. Rewind. What just happened?â

Hope y'all liked it. If you want, you all can post yours.

• 2 Replies
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

What is up with the symbols? how did they get there? can you help?

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

never mind. here

An ovoidish adventure

Zack Cosmos and Josh Quasar stared at each other in awe, with the shiny game disc in their hot, sweaty hands.
Wait. Rewind. What just happened? they said in union.
Earlier that month, on a hot summer day, Zack and Josh agreed to compete in the Gamer's Exciting Noble Eccentric Systems, or GENES for short. The prize for winning was a lifetime supply of Key Lime pie from Num-Num inc.
They worked long and hard on the game, brainstorming, designing, and programming. And now they had finally finished. They had completed their game, An Ovoidish Adventure. All they had to do now was to deliver the disc to the convention.
But then, tragedy! The boys were at the bus stop chattering about what a good job they did on the game, when somebody ran up, snatched the disc, and dashed into a nearby alley.
The man was in a green, leathery trench coat, and an immense fedora. He had ghoulishly white hair, with curly sideburns and an outrageously long beard.
The boys yelled at the man and dashed after him. When they went into the alley, they realized the man wasnt there! Instead, a small purple portal was in his place!
The boys looked at the portal in astonishment. They had never seen anything like it.
Um, there is probably a 99.99% chance that thief jumped in that thing, Zack said.
Josh replied, Well duh, he went in there! Lets get our disk back!
And with that, Josh grabbed Zacks hand and jumped in. When they landed on the ground, they looked around. The sky was in a sunset hue, and there was green grass everywhere.even in the air! There were coins floating above the grass and there were cubes with many faces and swords.
Dude.We are in our game!! Zack exclaimed.
I know. Alright, that guy has our disk and we have to get it back, Josh said.
The cubes turned towards the boys and charged after them.
Uh, how did we program these cunning squares? Wait, check the manual Josh said.
It says, Cubes will disintegrate you if they catch you, Zack read.
Well, isnt that comforting, Josh cried.
Wait, check my pocket!
Oooo, your wallet
No, my other pocket!
Whatâs this?
The lazer-matic 5000. Press that red button with the nuke symbol on it.
Josh pressed it and flinched, as if it were going to explode. But instead, it launched a giant laser ball and exploded on a cubes face shattering it and 4 by-standers into little tiny blocks.
Come on! Zack screamed.
The two boys ran through the levels running, jumping, and shouting at cubes, and finally arrived at level 25.
When they completed level 24, Josh asked, Okay, and thats 24. Wait, arent there 25 levels?
Zack looked at the manual and said, Yes and level 25 is the boss.
But that means Josh started and at the moment, a giant cube appeared and roared.
ITS CUBERT! SHOOT! Zack screamed.
I am but its not working! Josh screamed back.
They screamed and ran away, desperately searching for shelter with Cubert chasing them.
The boys hid behind a tree, breathing hard. The giant cube was slowly approaching.
Well, I guess this is it. Nice knowing you, Josh, Zack cried.
You, too, buddy, Josh sighed.
But then, Josh noticed a strange weapon. It was about 3 times as big as the Lazer-matic 5000. It was the Zynoton!
Wait! Get that gun! Josh ordered.
RRAAGGH Zack made a leap for it. He grabbed the gun, Josh ran up, and he hit the button. At that very moment, the Zynoton launched an enormous laser ball. It erupted on Cuberts face causing Cubert to explode into a giant fireball the size of a dwarf sun. The explosion was so forceful it knocked the boys unconscious and flung them into space.
The boys woke up, and stared at each other in awe, with the shiny game disk in their hot, sweaty hands.
Wait. Rewind. What just happened?

Please give reviews...

Showing 1-2 of 2