ForumsThe TavernApologize for a mistake?

16 2503
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Have you ever felt bad about something you did and you didn't confess and stayed quite while someone else took the blame or the incident was unsolved. If you did explain your issue.

Right now I had an issue with sharing a story and it seems I didn't give the writer credit after I was having trouble posting it, I admit to my guilt as Cenere has told me even after I was going to give him credit after there are others who share stories without giving the writer credit.

• 16 Replies
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I've felt bad about something I did plenty of times.
Have I let someone else take the blame? Um...maybe once or twice. I'd rather look stupid than make someone else suffer.
But, have I stayed quiet while the issue was unresolved? Oh, yes. Plenty of times, more times than I can count. And then I go around living like I'm on the run. It's painful. Confession is a good, healthy thing.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

confession is good but then comes consequences :/

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

confession is good but then comes consequences :/

Yeah, so while I say confession is good, I usually try to avoid it. Even though it should be marrow to my bones.
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Lol Mura are you doing the same thing I'm doing?
going to the threads while it isn't my turn in SSL?
haha I know it has nothing to do with the thread just curious
Yes I would avoid being in an incident I dont want to be involved in.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Lol Mura are you doing the same thing I'm doing?
going to the threads while it isn't my turn in SSL?

Yes, I am. That's not why I'm quiet tho.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I don't think I have. I have done stuff but no one has ever gotten blamed for it. Usually I just get away with it. I am a pretty good kid and I don't like to get into trouble.

O, and I think Tobisper that in the AMW thread you have to post original works. You cannot just copy and paste another persons story even if you give them credit.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

O, and I think Tobisper that in the AMW thread you have to post original works. You cannot just copy and paste another persons story even if you give them credit.

I told him that already.
SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

i usually let my brother take the blame.... lol

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Yes I guess I'll just put my usual zombie post stories

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Personally, I feel like I have been through a lot in the short amount of time since I first set foot in the world. I kind of started out on a little bad footing and for a while was broken and now put together 10 times better than before. Since then, I have found that it is usually better to be direct and face your problems, or they will just progressively get worse or you will feel guilty.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

stayed quiet? probably. let someone else take the blame? i can only remember one time but i doubt its too important.

i didnt manage to close the bottle of chocolate milk because my mother quickly took it, i was about to tell her its open but she shook it before i had the chance and it spilled. she was surprised and wondered why it was open and before i managed to say anything her bf said: "i left it open but why did you have to shake it" (he didnt take the blame knowingly. he actually thought he did this). so they started this "fight" and i just thought i dont have enough energy for this and left it as it was

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I avoid the blame all of the time.
Apologize?
Only when people expect an apology.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

If I do something and let someone else take the blame, it's either cause me and the other person both know that I would truly be ****ed if I had to take the blame and that was just a favor the person was doing, or I didn't notice at the time that someone else was taking the blame for something and it was too small to really go back and apologize.

And then I go around living like I'm on the run. It's painful. Confession is a good, healthy thing.

When I was little it was really really painful for me, but then it goes away, you get used to it.
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

yes once, but i dont remember. OOH i remember!!!!!!!!!! during strings (where we play string instruments) me my friend and my other friend were sharing one sheet of music. the teacher came over saying " do you two not have music?" i was in the middle so i said: "im sharing it with him." and got him busted

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

I just say,sorry and go ahh easy way ouy hehe but some teachers r like dont say sorry fix it then :-( its mean to me but still school .....

Showing 1-15 of 16