ForumsWEPRBullying

491 140834
157C
157C
58 posts
Peasant

What do You think about bulling? i get bullied myself and it's not fun Plz reply what you think about it because it cause suicide,people bring knives and guns to school, and it just hurts them. What do you think? Don't be scared to stand up, Speak Up!

• 491 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

i had this bullying problem yesterday i saw this kid picking on my friend i walked up to that kid and told him to back off and leave him alone. it probably didnt change him but i know he was thinking whats wrong with these people getting in our buisness.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Because it's mean and it hurts their feelings.

Oh no! NOT THEIR FEELINGS! Anything but that!

There are things your self esteem can't take from you. But people are different. Some do end up killing themselves over that.

And those people are cowards. Thanks for making my point.

And I suppose you've been there and you can say this now because you've been suicidal and depressed. Right?

I can say this because I have never been suicidally depressed. That is for the weak and chemically imbalanced.

Or maybe you weren't hurt as bad as he was. Or maybe you're just the kind of person who doesn't care what others people think of him. Or maybe you really are just naturally stronger emotionally. There are multiple solutions. And none of them really make the suicidal person "weak". I guess in the sense that they're hurt and they feel weak. But they're not just weak people.

Yes, it does make them weak. If they can not take on a task that any average human being can shrug off with ease, they are weak. Just like you would call a man weak if he was knocked down by a water gun.

People aren't always bullied by one random person. It can be multiple.

Oh no! Not multiple people! Everyone knows that if you say something enough, with enough people, it makes it true! With multiple people, that is like multiple emotional damage!

Actually, whenever someone is hurt by bullying, they do care about what the bully is saying, or they care about the bully(s).

...Why? I doubt they are friends or relatives, it doesn't sound like they are, so why should he care? They are just random, irrelevant kids. There is no reason to even listen to what they are saying.

I don't really think anyone gets sad when a random stranger says random things to them.

Then everyone is bullied by their friends and family?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

With multiple people, that is like multiple emotional damage!

C-C-C-C-Combo!

I have to agree with 314d1 about the verbal part. If you're breaking down because someone is calling you names, you're a wimp.

However, if that name calling is resulting in physical harm (i.e, being called a Nazi when it's not true and people beat you up for it) then it's a problem.
botinok
botinok
36 posts
Farmer

Was a bully and get bullied too.
See no difference.Was bulling only fashionable ones and "alfamales".
When i was bullied i just start a fight, it's painfull sometimes but better fight and lost than not to fight at all.

IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

Bullying is also one of the ways to gain some popularity and reputation.Or they just want to throw there pain to others by physically beating them up and imagining either the one who inflicted that person with pain

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Bullying is also one of the ways to gain some popularity and reputation.

Amen brotha. The only way to be popular in my school is to treat others like crap. It sucks to be nice.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Oh no! NOT THEIR FEELINGS! Anything but that!

Do you like to be hurt?

And those people are cowards. Thanks for making my point.

No they aren't. These people are the ones who're going through a lot of emotional turmoil and I consider them brave for even dealing with it up until the point that they did.

I can say this because I have never been suicidally depressed. That is for the weak and chemically imbalanced.

No. Everyday people get depressed, it's a mental disorder. Having it doesn't mean you're weak. And no one chooses to have a mental disorder. (there may be exceptions but I don't think they're important or relevent.) So even if it does make them weak it isn't their fault.

Yes, it does make them weak. If they can not take on a task that any average human being can shrug off with ease, they are weak. Just like you would call a man weak if he was knocked down by a water gun.

No it's not the same. So any average man should be able to live a happy life feeling hated. When I'm talking about bullying I'm not talking about grown men. I haven't seen too many cases of grown men commiting suiccide over bullying. I'm talking about kids. Kids who are bullied by basically entire classes. Yes it happens, and it's never justified.

...Why? I doubt they are friends or relatives, it doesn't sound like they are, so why should he care? They are just random, irrelevant kids. There is no reason to even listen to what they are saying.

They could have been previous friends, or they may be mocking them on a subject sensitive to them.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

314d1, I'd respond to you, but I'm in utter shock of your complete insensitivity to the problems of myself and others. Do you know what it feels like when someone puts up a false Facebook page and claims you're the author? And do you know what it feels like when this page sends out sexual messages to all of your friends? When people yell **** at you in class? Of course you don't. BECAUSE IT'S NEVER ****ING HAPPENED TO YOU! DO NOT TELL ME I'M WEAK, A SNIVELING COWARD, OR "CHEMICALLY IMBALANCED." JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE LIVED YOUR CLEAN-CUT, PRISSY, UNHURT LIFE DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN JUDGE OTHERS FOR WHAT YOU'VE NEVER FELT!

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Do you like to be hurt?

What do you think I am?

Really, being insulted is hardly painful.

No they aren't. These people are the ones who're going through a lot of emotional turmoil and I consider them brave for even dealing with it up until the point that they did.

Emotional turmoil? Because they are considering suicide because someone called them an idiot, gay, or ugly or whatever the hell passes for an insult these days? Then they are cowards and weak.

No. Everyday people get depressed, it's a mental disorder. Having it doesn't mean you're weak

And those are the chemically imbalanced people. There is medicine for that. Having a disease doesn't mean your weak, it makes them at least stronger then the cowards who kill themselves over words.

(there may be exceptions but I don't think they're important or relevent.) So even if it does make them weak it isn't their fault.

If your getting depressed completely do to what someone randomly said to you at school, your weak.

No it's not the same. So any average man should be able to live a happy life feeling hated.

Of course! Being hated is a natural part of life. I am sure I could name several nations that hate me and everything I stand for.

When I'm talking about bullying I'm not talking about grown men.

And why would it be different for young men or women?

I haven't seen too many cases of grown men commiting suiccide over bullying.

Obviously, if they where going to commit suicide over words they would probably be dead already.

I'm talking about kids. Kids who are bullied by basically entire classes. Yes it happens, and it's never justified.

And how is that different? Oh no! Not an entire class calling you names AT THE SAME TIME! How will those poor kids live with themselves? Being called an "Ugly *****" by everyone? Oh no! They all said it, so it must be true!

They could have been previous friends, or they may be mocking them on a subject sensitive to them.

So the entire class of every kid, all over America and the world, all are previous friends of the bullied kid? No? Then why would they be bullied by the whole class?

314d1, I'd respond to you, but I'm in utter shock of your complete insensitivity to the problems of myself and others.

Ah, looks like I broke him with my words.

Do you know what it feels like when someone puts up a false Facebook page and claims you're the author?

Oh no! Not the dreaded terror of.... FACEBOOK! How will you ever live past FACEBOOK!

I can only imagine your pathetic nightmares.
Jigsaw: "Hello. Would you like to play a little game?"
Zaky: "Wha-what kind of game?"
Jigsaw: I WILL POST ON FACEBOOK AS YOU! *Scary music*
Zaky: "Will...That hurt?"
Jigsaw: "It will hurt...YOUR FEELINGS!"

? And do you know what it feels like when this page sends out sexual messages to all of your friends?

What exactly have you been doing with facebook that your friends think that sending sexual messages to them are legit? It doesn't exactly take a lot of real life talking to clear things up.

"Hey Zacky, this post says your gay for me."
"Oh. Someone made a fake facebook page and is posting things like that"
"Ah, thank you for clearing things up."

THE HORROR!

When people yell **** at you in class?

People yelling Astrix at me in class? I, for one, would be impressed.

Of course you don't. BECAUSE IT'S NEVER ****ING HAPPENED TO YOU!

Has it? You guys seem to know an amazing amount of my life.

DO NOT TELL ME I'M WEAK, A SNIVELING COWARD, OR "CHEMICALLY IMBALANCED."

Your weak, a sniveling coward, and a puny potlicker. Probably not chemically imbalanced though.

JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE LIVED YOUR CLEAN-CUT, PRISSY, UNHURT LIFE DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN JUDGE OTHERS FOR WHAT YOU'VE NEVER FELT!

Prissy, unhurt life? This hurts coming from you, you poor middle class soul who gets the horrors of WORDS! How do you live life, getting made fun of a few times before going home to a respectable house and eating decent food! Then playing on an expensive computer, where you have to deal with another HORROR of...TYPED WORDS!

My prissy, unhurt life? Don't give me that crap. Your a middle class citizen of the United States, you have lived a god ****** prissy and unhurt life. In other countries, there are poor children starving, fighting in wars, and working in sweatshops. But you, the poor middle class citizen of the rich and powerful United State? You have to deal with something that apparently is much worse, getting your feelings hurt!
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Do you know what it feels like when someone puts up a false Facebook page and claims you're the author?

Nope. However, I wouldn't care so much what other people think if they're too stupid to realize that it's not your actual profile.

And do you know what it feels like when this page sends out sexual messages to all of your friends?

I would laugh at that. Unless people took it seriously, at which I would call them a moron to their face.

When people yell **** at you in class?

What, just out of no where and for no given reason? I'd just roll my eyes and ignore them.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

No? Then why would they be bullied by the whole class?

How should I know? ALl I know is that it happens. I once knew a girl that was made fun of by my entire class and most of our grade. And there was absolutly no reason for it. She wasn't annoying, she wasn't mean. She was just a regular kid who had to go through some really messed up stuff.

Emotional turmoil? Because they are considering suicide because someone called them an idiot, gay, or ugly or whatever the hell passes for an insult these days? Then they are cowards and weak.

And how would you feel if everyone rejected you. Everyone. What would you do as a 10, 11, or 12 year old?

And those are the chemically imbalanced people. There is medicine for that. Having a disease doesn't mean your weak, it makes them at least stronger then the cowards who kill themselves over words.

Mental disorders do not need to involve people who are born chemically unblanced. Depression is a mental disorder. If you are going to commit suicide, then you are likly depressed before that. So just about everyone who commits suicide had a mental disorder before they did it.

And why would it be different for young men or women?

Because kids are in general different. They tend not to be as hardened to life as adults are. And while an adult can just leave a place he doesn't like, children can't always do that. So if you're bullied at school but mommy and daddy won't listen, you're must go to school and continued to be bullied and feel bad about yourself. Over, and over, and over, and over again. Or maybe the child isn't close enough with their parents to explain the situation, which is a compleatly different problem. No whereever the kid goes there will be no love. Does this sound in the least bit sad to you? Because that has to have gone thhrough some of those kids minds.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Ignoring such things, laughing at it, and all that requires a certain apblomb and self-confidence that not all have; usually the targets are targets because of that. I can talk out of experience, although I have luckily never had to put up with false facebook pages (back then noone knew what facebook was (happy times..)). My problem was not only that I lacked self-confidence, but that I took everything that was said to me much too seriously. I'm pretty sure only half of the comments that I felt as harassing were actually meant that way. But it still harassed me.

@314d1
Although I'm sure zakyman doesn't take you any bit seriously, what you're doing is bullying, not physically but psychically, which can still be just as dreadful for some. You might ignore this but most targets know already they should ignore it, know they should laugh at it, but are incapable of exactly that. You can laugh at them as much as you want for not doing so; they would too if they could.

Nothing much we can do about that expect hoping the bullied ones have/get a few good friends to support them through school; they'll eventually learn to cope with it.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Ignoring such things, laughing at it, and all that requires a certain apblomb and self-confidence that not all have

Keeping a low self-esteem helps too. If you inflate yourself without substance, you pop a lot easier. If you keep in mind exactly what you really are (1/7,000,000,000 of the population), and your true personality and accomplishments, which don't ammount to much, you'll get to the core of yourself which is pretty darn resilient.
CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

Sometimes, we cant help but pick on a kid. I get it. I've been there. But if it gets to the point of physical violence or thoughts of suicide, we need to stop. Within' the course of one school year, I had 3 people die that I knew. One of them was a very good friend of mine. He's diffrent from the other 2 kids who died because it wasn't a disease or sychopath father (no joke) my friend commit suicide from bullying.
I've been through enough death already and it's hard and I am going to go through more death in my older years. But when someone commits suicide, it feels a lot worse than a car accident, disease, etc.

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

@314d1 Why are you implying everything about bullying is fine, people can not meerly brush it off as you pose they can. Stop thinking your better than everyone else and come back down to Earth and realise the true horrors of bullying!

Showing 151-165 of 491