Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bullying

Posted Oct 18, '12 at 10:40am

partydevil

partydevil

5,200 posts

The sooner that we can put a stop to this

sorry mate, you can't stop bullying.
you will always keep people that want to pick on another guy.

Posted Oct 18, '12 at 12:03pm

sensanaty

sensanaty

1,145 posts

I think bullying is awesome. I've been bullied my entire life, and it helped build the strong personality I have right now. In Serbia, bullying has gotten worse since the fall of the USSR in '91, and back then they carried knives to school. You can imagine it now.

I'm not sure how they do it in the US, but when a child in Serbia gets bullied, that child either fights, or dies. Simple.

You can't always go telling all your problems to your teacher, or whomever else. Sometimes you need to take action. Through the 12 years of school in Serbia, I've seen plenty of weaklings and such become people who are the heads of highly illegal businesses and are very much feared and respected. All because they stood up for themselves. The ones who didn't, the ones that were weak and frail, fell into depression.

Posted Oct 19, '12 at 12:35pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I'm surprised tha sensanity thinks bullying is awesome. Not if I'm on the receiving end.

Posted Oct 19, '12 at 5:49pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,200 posts

bullying is a fight to the death... interesting, in most countries you get jail for murder, in serbia it's just a bit of bullying. nothing bad...

anyway this is why i never understand east-european cultures.
it seems full whit useless violence.

seeing highly illegal businesses as a good thing. and things like that. it's very weird if you ask me.

Posted Oct 19, '12 at 6:05pm

nonfatcow

nonfatcow

13 posts

bullies are stupid and not bullying needs to be enforced.

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 12:26am

sensanaty

sensanaty

1,145 posts

anyway this is why i never understand east-european cultures.
it seems full whit useless violence.

Ever since we came down to Eastern Europe we were savages. Our history was full of violence. There was scarcely a period where we weren't waging war. Our country kept falling apart, becoming new countries. Then came the golden age of the Kingdom, and after that Yugoslavia. When Yugoslavia fell apart, everyone got sick of it, and we became the psychopaths we are today. I can't tell you why the Russians are bat-**** crazy though, don't know their history too much.

seeing highly illegal businesses as a good thing. and things like that. it's very weird if you ask me.

It's not entirely like that. It's much more complicated. Like in any other country, the youth are the future. And in Serbia, the youth grows up in a dark age in our history, hearing only about war criminals and murders etc. This, sooner or later, influences almost every child in Serbia. The ones that move out, like me, move out because their parents realize there is no future for their child in the motherland.

Bullying in Serbia is a kind of process that cannot be evaded. When you are bullied, you either say nothing (as most do) or fight back. Fighting back is oftentimes better because it actually creates a stronger personality.

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 1:34am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,824 posts

bullies are stupid and not bullying needs to be enforced.

That's quite the generalization about bullies...and an incorrect one on top of it. Some bullies are in fact quite intelligent and use that in their bullying tactics

And even if non-bullying was enforced, it wouldn't solve much. Whether we like it or not, bullying is an integral part of life. It will always be around...the best thing you can do is basically teach people to not take what is said or done by a bully so much to heart

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 12:11pm

danielo

danielo

1,758 posts

in every wolf packs there are some alpha wolves who show the other there 'position' and rank. From teh dawn of time to this day, we always want to be on the top, being the leader or be part of teh strong group. Some more than others. Bullies are leaders, as mostly they have a group around them.

What we realy need to talk about is ways to drive bullies off.
Maybe the education system need to make some changes, the schools need to act diffruntly.
Or by tips to the victims themselves, as we gave so many times here in this thread.

But the main thing you need to know about bullies - they are everywher. In your work place, in the street, in the neighberhood. so you should start to know how to handle with them.

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 10:16pm

157C

157C

58 posts

So tell me 157C how should a person fight bulliying?

You don't fight bullying, you walk away and speak up to a freaken parent or teacher! i've said this a million times. Your way of bullying is f&$#@d up.

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 10:23pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,750 posts

You don't fight bullying, you walk away and speak up to a freaken parent or teacher!

That's one way, and it doesn't always work. It can make things much worse actually.

Reply to Bullying

You must be logged in to post a reply!