Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bullying

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:51pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,750 posts

Not just me, nobody that I know in this town or surrounding areas.

Because you've spoken to everyone, and everyone is going to tell a random stranger all their problems.

but I still don't think its as common as everyone here is making it seem. The way it's talked about it's like every person out there is bullied constantly which is just ridiculous.

This is due to the media exposure it gets. We hear about dozens of cases of bullying...which seems like a lot. Except, there's 300 million people in the USA. While only the really serious ones that usually ended in a suicide or very bad situation get to that point, there are lesser forms that go on everyday at the majority of schools.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 5:55pm

danielo

danielo

1,758 posts

Sure its not everyone. We just tip the one who does. My bully didnt jsut told me "I dont liek your shirt". It was a thing that keep happaning for 2 years, daily arresments. Personal taunting, cursing. this kind of stuff. And im a sensetive dude. That why he picked me in the first place.
I didnt wanted to go ther, but 582, you just made me...

So yea, maybe for you a curse is just normal. but for me it dosent. I get offended when someone keep cursing me, taunt on me, even doing a little pushes and little slaps on the neck.
Maybe you call it "Over sensetive", maybe "weakness". but it was bullieng. and if you dont see it its mostly because you are blind to it. SO your close group of friends are not the 'victims'. have you ever talked to the "nerds" or the "freaks"? to the lonely kid in the corner? I guese no. Did you ever considered what seems to seen as two kids guffing around as a bulling? when one of them seems less 'active'? I guese no.

So i grow up, got more friends, and then it happend less and less. So at my final years i didnt got bullied anymore. and you are right, it dosent look like there are bullies. you dont see peopels get bullied like in american cartoons. But i ca ntell you, when ever i see somene pick up on another kid, i stop it. I got twice for fights, adn many times to a little pushing with little bullies. mostly the victim dont even say thank you, because they just try to ignore it and forget it. So they dont talk. Mostly because this is who they are.

So dont go out with such statment please. Its like saying there is no rapes because you didnt saw any rapist or any victim. So did i. But there is ****, am i right? The only diffrunte is that a **** is more serius, while a bulling is something that, just like ****, noone want to talk about, but on bulling you dont go to jail. you dont even get banned from society. sometiems even the other way.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 6:39pm

116 posts

Because you've spoken to everyone, and everyone is going to tell a random stranger all their problems.

Noone in this town is a "random stranger" and yes I have talked to everyone within 5 years of my own age.

SO your close group of friends are not the 'victims'. have you ever talked to the "nerds" or the "freaks"?

Referring to what I said before... And the closest classification of the "nerds" or "freaks" in my school I have spoken with many times.

but on bulling you dont go to jail.

Why would you? Even in cases of actual bullying it's not really a huge offense unless you are literally at the point of physically harming them or harassing them so bad that they can't live (and I don't mean to call someone names, I mean literally HARASS them). And yeah, you admit you are sensitive and I know it's hard to change that, but you even admit it went away at an older age. Young kids call each other names, it's what they do. They don't know how to do anything else, It is not bullying.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 6:43pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,750 posts

Noone in this town is a "random stranger" and yes I have talked to everyone within 5 years of my own age.

Well, you live in a very small town then. Just know that your town is not the norm then.

Even in cases of actual bullying it's not really a huge offense unless you are literally at the point of physically harming them or harassing them so bad that they can't live (and I don't mean to call someone names, I mean literally HARASS them)

Actual bullying IS more than just name calling. Name calling is one, very small part of it that does not on its own mean bullying.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 9:48pm

116 posts

Actual bullying IS more than just name calling. Name calling is one, very small part of it that does not on its own mean bullying.

Exactly what I mean, nearly all of these cases of "bullying" is all that it is. A few occasions of name calling.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 11:52pm

sensanaty

sensanaty

1,145 posts

When someone says one thing to you, you aren't a victim of bullying, bullying is harassment and not just someone calling you a named every once and a while. Blown out of proportion.

Thank you for this statement. This is the exact thing that EVERYONE in the 21st century considers bullying, even though they've never truly experienced bullying. I remember calling my teachers *****es and ****s, they never got mad.

...have you ever talked to the "nerds" or the "freaks"? to the lonely kid in the corner?

The lonely dudes in the corner were lonely dudes in the corner for a reason. While someone might call him names because he's weird, no one had the balls to approach him. Those guys were psychopaths, the worst kind. At least, in my motherland it's like this.

I'm assuming most of you guys live in first world countries, or if not a first world country, an almost first world country.
Throughout my life, I've moved in and out of countries a lot(Belgrade-Jakarta-Belgrade-Bali-New York soon enough). And in each of these places, you will see true bullying. You will see abuse. You will see physical and mental abuse. Not just petty insults, no. Real mind****s. Now, if a child from the US for example was shoved into a society like Indonesia's or Serbia's, the child wouldn't survive a single day. Literally. In Serbia especially.

Hell, in the said countries, the word bullying doesn't even exist. In the entire Balkans, I don't think that the actual word "bullying" exists, because I can't even think of the word in 4 different languages.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 10:44am

116 posts

Exactly sensanaty... My statement about Bullying didn't exactly mean it didn't exist at all, it just wasn't a real thing in nearly EVERY case in America/Canada which people took completely the wrong way.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 7:05pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,906 posts

The lonely dudes in the corner were lonely dudes in the corner for a reason.

if you get bullied, you want peace. peace and friends.

You will see physical and mental abuse. Not just petty insults, no. Real mind****s.

you are right, they punch and kick you, spit on you, use the worst swear words they know for you and they even follow you to do all that. not very funny.

the problem is that others will not help because they fear to become the next victim. either you should learn how to defend yourself (for example: karate/judo), run like hell or you could become a dobber (if you do that wrong you will make things worse so talk to the right people or write anonymous letters to your teachers).

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 12:42am

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

318 posts

It's called standing up for yourself. And no one does it anymore.

And those that do stand up for themselves get reprimanded by the school's ***-backward policy of "zero-tolerance".

Talking about your "differences" is great, but in the real world talking doesn't always solve the issue.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 12:18pm

xerox

xerox

515 posts

You cant stand up to yourself those days. The kids that usually bully have a certain status in among us, and the parents are overprotecting. If you stand up, you are gonna get detention and stuff. If they bully you, they get prizes, and everyone like them. Also if you stand up against them, people start to hate you, because you did something wrong... Well that is society those days. Before if you were bullied you just hire someone to kill him. Now you can't even have a weapon in the classroom. And finally when you finish school, the guys who bullied you become layers,businessman, police, and you, finish good school, have a degree in something, but no one wants you and you end up on the street, or working for the same guys who bullied you, for minimum wage.

Did anyone know that the most serial killers, and psychopaths were bullied as kids from parents and other kids?

BTW i was bullied as hell, but i had a friend who beat em hard, and from that day i started punching back, and guess what? Now those guys don't bully me anymore, actually we are friends. Things change once you join the dark side MUHAHAHAHAHA. BTW those guys are now - A successful Football player, A very rich poker player(yes he plays poker and many own him money), A Mayor, and the last one is Layer and they earn tons of money. My friend become a captain of a ship. And me? I go to college and soon ill be working as a Business man in a bank. But that is because of the connections

Reply to Bullying

You must be logged in to post a reply!