ForumsThe Tavernwho knows what ''derp'' means?

14 1926
derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

i heard it means an answer to a stupid question.!!!!

• 14 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Here's Urban Dictionary's definition of derp:

A simple, undefined reply when an ignorant comment or action is made. Brought to life in the South Park series, when Mr. Derp made a guest apperance at South Park Elementary as the chef for a day, followed by hitting himself in the head with a hammer and exclaiming "Derp!"
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

The way i use "derp" is like when someone answers a really obvious question, i say derp

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Really?! Go to Know Your Meme. Explains everything in a way that everyone can understand it, especially someone like you who is apparently new to the Internet.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I love how UD can define something as undefined.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Really?! Go to Know Your Meme. Explains everything in a way that everyone can understand it, especially someone like you who is apparently new to the Internet.

I really love how instead of just posting it here and saving us all the trouble, you talk about a website without even giving a link and gives him grief for not knowing the word.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I really love how instead of just posting it here and saving us all the trouble, you talk about a website without even giving a link and gives him grief for not knowing the word.

I really love how you commented about not posting the link, and didn't in turn, post the link :P

KnowYourMeme
mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

akshully, my friend uses it in terms of a noun. She has this wierd ability where her eyes go in different directions, like messed up googley eyes. She calls that derping.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

@Matt

Prolly due to a Pony called Herp Derp or something along those lines, which had funny rolling eye. Bronies.

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

aha yep it is. never heard of herp derp...

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Pony called Herp Derp

The pony is actually called Derpy Hooves.

Anyway, I think that derp is just a meaningless word used in random situations.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I usually use it as an adjective to modify something to say that they're incredibly stupid...

For example, on Minecraft I call the wolves Derp wolves because they are always committing suicide one way or another (lava...creeper, falling, drowing, suffocating in a wall randomly somehow, jumping in front of my sword/arrow, randomly getting raptured...the list goes on and on) and is comedic.

Derpy Hooves.

What horrible parent names their kid Derpy Hooves.
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

The Bronies called the pony 'Derpy Hooves' so it's not her actual name.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

The Bronies called the pony 'Derpy Hooves' so it's not her actual name

GOOD. It's still free for my unborn child.

I was saying in a comment outside of this - if UD defines it as undefined it can be left open to interpretation and tailored to any situation. It is somewhat is explained by the context of the subject.
Showing 1-13 of 14