ForumsThe Tavernany hunters?

13 2258
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Hey guys just wondering if there is any hunter on AG I have been hunting for the past 2-3 years just wondering if any one has any cool stories
Ps I know some people dont like hunting and stuff thatâs cool but plz dont post on here if youâre going to call me bad an evil for it

• 13 Replies
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Yeah, my name's Dean Winchester, I got a brother called Sam and my whole family are hunters.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yeah, my name's Dean Winchester, I got a brother called Sam and my whole family are hunters.

Just took down a Wendigo myself this weekend. Nothing like proper, monsterslaying business.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I've never hunted. I don't think i'd be any good at it because i'd probably be guilt-ridden forever if i killed something myself.

I'm not anti-hunting though [to extents - wouldn't support hunting of nearly extinct animals etc]. I think it's quite interesting though.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

idnt that some sort of fictional character, i think i heard tht name once?
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Literally the first website on google when you type 'Dean Winchester'.

In case you're too lazy to click the link I'll c/p the first paragraph here for you

Dean Winchester is a fictional character and one of the two protagonists of The CW Television Network's Supernatural. He is portrayed by Jensen Ackles. Dean hunts demons, spirits and other supernatural creatures with his younger brother Sam.
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

@kevin8ye i hunt with a marlin bolt action 270 for deer and a ruger 10/22 and a Mossberg 20 gauge pump for squirrels

I have not got anything bigger than a raccoon but my brother djme has gotten multiple deer and a hog

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

ya know what onetime i was out hunting deer then a zombie bear ran up my tree stand and i had to kill it with ma buck knife!!!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

yeah i hunt.....but i only hunt girls

of corse im just joking, i just wanted to make it clear.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

I dont hunt, but i would like to use a weapon. i dont want to hunt either.

why was my comment removed?

j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

I've taken down a buck or two with my uncle. 8 points was my largest catch. We always use our deer for meat.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

@kevin8ye i hunt with a marlin bolt action 270 for deer and a ruger 10/22 and a Mossberg 20 gauge pump for squirrels

I'm going to hide the tears in my eyes as i think about a dead deer.
But why Squirrels? They're so tiny.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

why was my comment removed?

It was spam.

Anyway, to be a bit more serious: No, I am currently not a hunter myself, but my father and a good bunch of his family is. I have considered getting a license over the past few years, but as it has become almost impossible to rent a hunt anywhere along with currently being a student with no money and no car to get anywhere, it has been put on ice.
I do consider taking up shooting again, however.

But why Squirrels? They're so tiny.

Some people do consider them pests, and considering how some squirrels can actually be rather vicious towards other animals and humans, it might be a proper reason to go shoot them. Otherwise, there's always their pelts or making them a trophy.

I'm going to hide the tears in my eyes as i think about a dead deer.

If done properly, there is no particular reason to feel sorry for the deer, however. A good hunter will make sure it's a instantly killing shot, and will use hours on finding the deer if it isn't. Not to mention it is a lot less stressful than what natural predators they might have, or the near torture of over population.
Besides, it's one less deer contemplating revenge via jumping in front of cars or bikes . . .

8 points was my largest catch

Which of the species was this?
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

I trap more than hunt.

Showing 1-13 of 13