ForumsWEPRpeople who think that they're gangster

9 2719
BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I am really getting tider of people who think ther'ye gangster when they grew up in a suburb like basically all the kids at my school

• 9 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

So you mean to call them posers? Well, at my school, we have sooo many different types of those kind of people. We got those poser gang bangers, and poser skaters, but they are just people trying to fit in. I don't see them bothering me, so I let them be.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

yeah but the annoying part is that they always try to start shit I end up bruising my knuckles

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

oh and there is not one of them there that isn't a poser so they just watch Mtv too much

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Haha, MTV can do wonders. If they were REALLY posers, then they wouldn't be starting up fights if they thought they were going to lose. You kind of have to think in their shoes for a moment.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

O.K. think about this they say they grew up in the projects but I,ve seen there houses and they're pretty nice

donosld
donosld
70 posts
Nomad

Welcome to High School, where everybody is fake. Least you didn't go to High School in Texas like I did, we had our share of poser cowboys too. Haha those guys were funny. It doesn't really matter, most people grow out of it, by your senior year/freshmen year of college I doubt there will be any who haven't realized how dumb they are/look.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

the problem i have with posers/gangsters is the fact that my schools administration takes them 100% seriously and that causes problems for me. *twitch* there's all kinds of bs rules and whenever something suspicious happens they treat the whole school like criminals...now the posers themselves i find rather funny, or fun to laugh at. since they throw their lives away to be "cool" in high school....i should probably find that sad shouldn't i. *shrug* oh well *chuckles*

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I actually saw a man at the bank today. He was wearing the biggest black jacket with a fur hood that you will ever see, he was sagging his shorts so low that they were easily mistaken for pants, he was wearing a white shirt that went down to his knees and a little bit then and he wore a bandanna around his head. But he was wearing dress socks with reebocks and had the manners of a gentleman and acted like one.

Can you say poser?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Not necessarily, he could have been going to a fancy-dress party xD

N.B.: That should be spelt gangsta :P

There's different levels of 'osing'- some of them are raw social dynamics in action, and then there's the derisory/tongue-in-cheek commentary. While I tend to use the latter especially as part of a breakdance crew that isn't so pretentious as to pretend that we are actually 'bad boys' or 'gangsta' or whatnot (we're admittedly all a bunch of goody-two-shoes), while it's very entertaining to send it up, I'm aware that there's no sending up if there's nothing to send up.

So I tend to take it when it comes- people are less likely to be 'osers' if you can engage with them to the extent that they don't feel the need to build themselves on such a front.

Showing 1-9 of 9