ForumsThe TavernThings you have to do that you hate so much!!

13 1952
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

If theres something I hate more then school its going to have to be reading plus and reading 30 min. a day, to tell you the truth I enjoy reading but only the books that I enjoy, then it turns out I'm forced to read a book that gives me points for AR(Accelerated Reader) and then take a test on it and probably pass it. But another thing I also hate is when you read a book, and you like it so much and you don't want it to end.
Share your struggles,frustrations or anything you dislike doing; that you need to do.

• 13 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I hate this thing called the "independent reading project".
You pick out a book from a list and read it, but that's not it. You have to pick out 3 scholarly articles and read and annotate them. Then, you have this thing called a major works data sheet where you write a plot summary, analyze author's style, symbolism, theme, and a whole spew of other stuff. And if that wasn't a pain enough, you have to cite the articles in the MWDS in MLA format (which is a real pain). Oh, and then you type up a literary Analysis which is a 2-3 page paper on whatever prompt is handed out... it stinks

TomasTock
TomasTock
25 posts
Peasant

I hate sleeping. I waste like 8 hours a night not doing anything, with my one compensation being a string of meaningless movies running through your mind.

Pineapplejucie
Pineapplejucie
8 posts
Nomad

I hate doing the dishes. Its so annoying because i load the dishes in the dish washer turn it on, Then have to wash the other dishes in the sink, then when im done the dish washer finishes and I have to unload those.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

Talk to people i don't really know, sweeping, cleaning my room. mostly the first one because i'm such an introvert. and it's always awkward because I have things to say in my head but it would be really rude to say in public.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

Social Studies and Health classes and their homework. UGH.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Blanking on what is called right now but when you have to find symbolism and that stuff in a book. About 3/4 of the time I swear that the author didn't mean to have something symbolize something else but some person just read between the lines a little to much and decided that it did. And how will finding this stuff help me in life. O wait, it will not.

AR(Accelerated Reader)

Don't you have many choices for books though? I remember when I had to do that we could choose any book as long as it had a test.
Oh, and then you type up a literary Analysis

O, ya that is what I was talking about before. Literary Analysis. Most pointless thing ever.
Speeches.

I feel your pain there. I have bad stage fright, especially when I don't know the people. I am pretty good at it though if you give me enough time to prepare and I can use a few notes. The notes I think act like a placebo because I never use them but they make me do better.
Talk to people i don't really know

But if you never talked to someone you didn't know then you would never meet anyone.
ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
811 posts
Nomad

Doing anything. I'm just that lazy.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I hate making art that I don't want to make. I think by now I should be able to make my own porject if I wanted to. I also hate having to memorize things without a good pattern. Patterns make things so much easier to remember.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

I hate taking out the trash and going to school Dx but hey, I have to do it :P

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I hate doing the dish's or writing when I dont want too! Writing takes the cake though...

beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

homework

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

This thing called 'moving'

Showing 1-12 of 13