ForumsGamesPSP and PS Vita vs Nintendo DS Lite and Nintendo 3ds

5 3502
McSwagga
McSwagga
52 posts
Nomad

So lets start with the Play Stations.

PSP was released March 24, 2005 (for america)

PS Vita was released June 6, 2011

PSP had some good games such as babylonian, patapon 2, and many others

PS Vita has games related to the PS3, Mortal kombat, uncharted 3, uncharted: golden abyss,and many others

Now nintendos

Nintendo DS lite was released 2006 on march 2

Nintendo 3ds was released March 27, 2011

nintendo ds lite has games like PVZ (plants vs zombies), Bookworm, Professor Layton, and more

Nintendo 3ds has games like Bomberman blitz, Lego Star Wars, and more

now time to see which is better

PSP was related to ps1 and ps2, for its color, and games mostly for children about 6-7 since 2005

Nintendo DS Lite was created for every age from 5 yrs old to 10-11 years old.

So from this nintendo DS lite wins

PS Vita has online and can be from early childhood to 17 yrs old once mortal kombat is released, PS Vita is like the PS3 except much smaller

Nintendo 3ds has downloadable play like nintendo ds lite, it has fun games but graphics are HORRIBLE, so after hearing that people didnt want it but it was selling fast though.

PS Vita wins this round

Now both come in for better overall game station

PSP and PS Vita are dedicated to the bigger game stations such as PS3 and PS2, the DS's are its own thing as portible game stations, so for more dedication PS's win and for portibility PS's win again

So PSP and PS Vita are overall better

• 5 Replies
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

PSP was related to ps1 and ps2, for its color, and games mostly for children about 6-7 since 2005

Nintendo DS Lite was created for every age from 5 yrs old to 10-11 years old.

Not really I would say they both can be played for every age.

Nintendo 3ds has downloadable play like nintendo ds lite, it has fun games but graphics are HORRIBLE, so after hearing that people didnt want it but it was selling fast though.

Graphics aren't horrible (worse than PSV but definitely better than PSP and DS) And people didn't want it? 3DS is so far one of fastest selling consoles so I don't think so.

PSP and PS Vita are dedicated to the bigger game stations such as PS3 and PS2

What do you mean by that?

nintendo ds lite has games like PVZ (plants vs zombies), Bookworm, Professor Layton

I would rather name something like Mario, Final fantasy, TWEWY and GTA but whatever
McSwagga
McSwagga
52 posts
Nomad

hey this is my first one on a thing like this so dont critizise too much please

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

3DS is so far one of fastest selling consoles so I don't think so.

Hahaha What.

I swear, some people on here are pretty good at this humour part.

hey this is my first one on a thing like this so dont critizise too much please

Your little comparison falls flat on the most important part. The actual available games :V
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Hahaha What.

I swear, some people on here are pretty good at this humour part.

20 milions in one year is quite a lot and as I said only few other consoles have reached this.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/27/3ds-is-now-nintendos-fastest-selling-console-worldwide/
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

20 milions in one year is quite a lot and as I said only few other consoles have reached this.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/27/3ds-is-now-nintendos-fastest-selling-console-worldwide/

Oh my, where do I even begin with this?

First up, thank you for predictably posting the very first google result. ;D

Secondly, the 3DS hasn't even sold 20 million units yet, as you can plainly see on Nintendo's own sales reports.

Now, onto the article itself. Needless to say, it's kinda.....flawed:

1.) What every article like that actually MEANS, is that it isn't the fastest selling console, period, but instead the platform to reach 5 million units the fastest. Which is, needless to say, quite a bit of a difference, but doesn't sound quite as amazing as a headline.

2.) So granted, the 3DS reached an arbitrary goal of sold units faster than the other platforms did. The next question to ask is: So what? None of the articles take into account that, to be the fastest selling console, the 3DS has to keep up this momentum, otherwise it'll just fall back down later. And looking at data from 12/31/11 to 3/31/12, the sudden sales increase seems to have been temporary.

3.) The sudden jump in hardware sales is actually not very surprising, for a number of reasons:

- Nintendo having a massive price cut on the 3DS (which isn't something very common in the FIRST YEAR of release, mind you)

- Releasing two major games (3D Land and Mario Kart 7) in the same month

- Christmas

The problem is that price cuts can never keep hardware momentum up on their own. The fact they had to price-cut their own hardware this soon is also pretty telling. :V

4.) Even with the new hardware sales, the price cut caused a LOSS for Nintendo, which your link also referenced. So unless their software sales improve, the 3DS is just going to cause problems down the line.

So far, the 3DS only seems to help tank the company, compared to the last generation.
Showing 1-5 of 5