ForumsThe TavernMy PC keeps blue screening

6 1318
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Ok so my pc keeps blue screening and its getting really annoying and I can't seem to fix it I have downloaded every gigabyte driver for my motherboard and all amd drivers for my graphics card and it still blue screens and about 2/3 of the time it does it says driver irql not equal or less then meaning I need a driver but I have every one I can find for my hardware and the other times it says nothing I have also have virus scanned my computer with avast and anti malware bytes and it is clean so can someone help me solve this?

Pc Specs:
AMD phenom x4 3.4GHz
HD radeon 6850
8GB Ram
1TB Memory

• 6 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It's probably your RAM or your motherboard.

For RAM, If you feel like figuring it out, try this, if you don't and you have extra sticks of RAM, try putting those in instead of the ones you're using. I've also heard changing the command rate of RAM sometimes fixes it, so check how to do that on your computer and whatever setting it is at, make it higher.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Oh also, after you get new drivers, you're going to want to get rid of the old ones, so go google how to do that too.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

FYi this blue screening is a virus called ' Blue Screen of Death' Happened to me once computer was Kablammo for 2 years

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Lol haven't u seen the commercial? Go to pcmatic.com ! ^^ I wonder if it actually works as it says...

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

8GB Ram 1TB Memory

Wow, you don't mess around lol. My computer has been acting up for a while, not sure what is wrong with it (it keeps on needing to be restored, but no blue screens) and I don't know what is wrong with it either
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

FYi this blue screening is a virus called ' Blue Screen of Death' Happened to me once computer was Kablammo for 2 years

Yea... there are hundreds of causes for a blue screen, so don't give facts if you don't know what you're talking about.
Showing 1-6 of 6