ForumsGame WalkthroughsColony strategies

21 12009
saintsandsphinx
saintsandsphinx
10 posts
Nomad

Capitalist:
1)Missiles wrecker; this is by far the best working strategy for me in capitalist, but it only works in normal.
Build a bank, upgrade it, build 2 generators and upgrade them, build another bank and upgrade that. Wait until your team-mate needs you then demolish one of your banks and build a special operations. Then, well the clues in the name.
2)Adaptist;this strategy is for the unsure sort of person.
Basically, if your partner is going to build an outpost then you build a bank, generator, armoury, and forge an any order. If your partner is going to build a forge, then do the same, but change the generator to a hospital, and the forge to an outpost. Simple!
Facicist/Communist:
1) Rusher; I find this works in the early game a lot more than in the late game.
Start off with either a Forge, or an outpost and start a basic defence off (marines and tanks, or romans and scouts).
For the communist separate them into groups by advancing and retreating the marines and holding the tanks. Then bring your weaker group forward (marines or romans) and hold them just so the opponent can see it. Now this doesn't always work, but it may tempt them into building the unit countering them eg. tanks. If that happens then send your stronger force forward in this case its scouts. Then its your ideas onward. So basically keep attacking with the countering group as you get different units to survive.
Facicist:
1)Blinding Sakatas; This works well if no-one decides to rush and if you do it very quickly.
Build a bank, then an armoury. Set it to energy if you want more but later, and cash if you want its quicker but less. Then build a generator, upgrade it, then a forge and upgrade it into a mechanics terminal. After that make lots of sakata spiders to blind them with speed. If you are uncomfortable that you wont make it till then, build your generator after your forge.
Communist/Monarchy:
1)missile guard; a quick and easy technique to be used in a missile dead heat.
Since it is useful to be used in the later game, there's no point in telling you what to build, apart from a hospital and either a special operations, or an arsenal. Create either an a27 pride for a spec ops, or a hover tank from arsenal. it doesn't matter how many, just put them in front of the units prone to missiles so that they don't get the sack. Get as many medics as you can, then put them close enough to heal the missile guard, but not to get hit by any missiles.

That's all i can think of for now, so i'll let you no if there are any more.
Best regards,

Saints and Sphinx.

• 21 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

First of all, the missile wrecker strategy would take way too long to use in the game. I don't really see a use for building resource generators on all four slots of the building area while you are hopelessly outnumbered, waiting to get enough resources or until your partner needs help, which then means you will probably lose/have a competent pin on you before you can get your ops out. Playing two good players while using this strategy will make you lose almost every time. Playing 1.5 good players will make you lose some of the time, whereas using a better build with a good partner will have a much better victory rate.

Other strategies are alright I guess, I don't have much to say.

saintsandsphinx
saintsandsphinx
10 posts
Nomad

trust me that missile one does work a treat if ur opponent knows when he needs u

saintsandsphinx
saintsandsphinx
10 posts
Nomad

search it and it will come up with one with a picture of a plane
plus: NEW STRATEGY

Monarchy
Distract flank:This strategy works incredibly well on communists, and capitalists.
get bank,then treasury, then spec ops, then forge. put spec ops on black operations, and trick the opponents to make tanks. Once u have, get a horde of scouts and attck them, whilst you should have around 140 influence, so get loads of special forces, and wreck them.
Prooven and tested.

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Sorry to pour cold water on your build, but these build will be wrecked if you play against good players who use teamwork. The missile build takes too long, who uses communist in 2v2? (capitalist is way better usually), and camping at the base is usually a very bad plan. This is not meant as a derogatory remark but as a mark to possible research and improve on.

With that being said, I suggest you consider some strategies liek pinning, unit allocation, backup plans, etc.

Sincerely,
-fiss

fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Pinning usually seems simple but the funny thing is that pinning is on of the most important factors in the game...Which units are best for pinning? Why do you want to pin? If you are so good at colony, I would like for you to answer these questions. Otherwise, I like your fascination for more in-depth strats.

Sincerely,
fiss

samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

Thanks for the strageties guys, ill use them

Okami04
Okami04
2 posts
Nomad

Hey fission, skata m k11s and phantoms are pretty good but any type of unit that can take a couple of hits with meds and aa are good at pinning

Okami04
Okami04
2 posts
Nomad

rushing is pretty good with tanks and romans but u can use marines in mass production if they dont have any tanks

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

This should be on the colony strategies sticky :/

saintsandsphinx
saintsandsphinx
10 posts
Nomad

yup it should.

saintsandsphinx
saintsandsphinx
10 posts
Nomad

<sigh>imgres?q=bored&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1024&bih=677&tbm=isch&amp<i class=rmd=imvns&tbnid=blpJdr7TmvQCCM:&imgrefurl=http://escapethelabyrinth.blogspot.com/2012/05/bored-and-divergent.html&docid=_Oa8QsBGkqUTRM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3ll_Twu4Y7s/T6iZUKQkXQI/AAAAAAAAArg/yMkLFmuGrfg/s1600/bored.jpg&w=508&h=511&ei=J0rCT77-Bsag0QXL6r3GCg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=156&sig=110757003697378007550&ampage=2&tbnh=150&tbnw=149&start=15&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:15,i:185&tx=116&ty=15" alt="http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=bored&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1024&bih=677&tbm=isch&amprmd=imvns&tbnid=blpJdr7TmvQCCM:&imgrefurl=http://escapethelabyrinth.blogspot.com/2012/05/bored-and-divergent.html&docid=_Oa8QsBGkqUTRM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3ll_Twu4Y7s/T6iZUKQkXQI/AAAAAAAAArg/yMkLFmuGrfg/s1600/bored.jpg&w=508&h=511&ei=J0rCT77-Bsag0QXL6r3GCg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=156&sig=110757003697378007550&ampage=2&tbnh=150&tbnw=149&start=15&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:15,i:185&tx=116&ty=15" />

saintsandsphinx
saintsandsphinx
10 posts
Nomad

lol image didnt work

saintsandsphinx
saintsandsphinx
10 posts
Nomad

These are only god **** tips don't criticise me!

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Dude calm down, its ok. All the colony threads are dead and the noly people left are the ones that are like "oh that strategy stinks" and all that.

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

Cool....
But if the enemies upgrade really fast.... you're doomed with these...
So... don't forget SPEED.....

Showing 1-15 of 21