ForumsThe TavernWho does the morning papers crossword puzzle?

8 1517
derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

sometimes i do it.my brother is really good at them.tell me if you do one?

• 8 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I am not a crossword puzzle guy. I don't really do any of the puzzles in the newspaper. The one I would be most willing to do is the Sudoku.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I'd have an easier time if the clues and the answers weren't so ambiguous! I hate it when they combine two words into one answer, or use some outdated word that nobody under the age of 55 would know!

Now the comics... those I can get into! xD

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Comics, sudoku, puzzles, I eat them up.....When I have time though. Nerd.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I do the crossword sometimes. I'm usually too busy reading the sports and world news pages though... and the comics!

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

I really like crossword puzzles, but I'm so bad at them that I just get frustrated. I'm better at sudoku.

I hate it when they combine two words into one answer, or use some outdated word that nobody under the age of 55 would know!

This is really annoying. I also hate it when they use "celebrities" that nobody knows.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

This is really annoying. I also hate it when they use "celebrities" that nobody knows.

Puzzles are puzzles for a reason.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I do them when I feel like it... which is basically never. I'm ok at them I guess, I'll get maybe half of the answers before I give up. That's on a good day, although most of the time I feel like doing them are on "good days"

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Crossword puzzles take too long, especially if you mess up one important answer and you get stumped by the boxes around you due to the invalid word configurations.

I much prefer the jumbles. They aren't so open-ended and they don't require obscure knowledge.

Showing 1-8 of 8