ForumsSupport ForumTemporary Notice: HTML Tags:

138 28629
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Greetings community veterans, community newcomers, trouble makers, trouble reporters, religious zealots, religious skeptics, and NoNameC68. If you have not already noticed, you will have come across user profiles and comments/forum posts with differing characteristics than what you're used to. The availability of this new feature is likely due to the previous two updates to the site undergone by the administration. The tags that are used in order to create these new characteristics are formed by HTML code. With HTML code, you can create large fonts, small fonts, strike-throughs, invisibles, and colors in every way imaginable. With HTML code, you can finally get the unique about page and individuality you've dreamed of!

Well keep dreaming.

So the start of it all was smooth sailing, but like flies to dung, it was only a matter of time before users started to abuse the use of HTML code in some way that violates the Terms and Conditions of ArmorGames. It only takes a few instances before those who have to intervene (the moderation team) become disappointed (like me) and have to be the bad guy and ruin the fun. So here are things you need to remember when faced with HTML ideals:

--Do not post HTML colors that are exact or similar to the font of a moderator or administrator (blue, green, and between). This is in line with the rule about impersonation, regardless of whether or not you were intent upon doing so. You should be familiar with this, because this rule has already been in place. Users will be warned then banned as usual.

--Do not post HTML tags that allow you to post images which contain content in violation of the rules. Treat this the same as you would in forum posts and comments. Reprimands vary on severity of image(s).

--Please do not make your font Galaxy Size and end up disfiguring the page. This disables buttons and links on your page such as the submit button on the text box and the Add Friend button. Messages containing BFG 9000 size font will be deleted and multiple messages found will result in warn/ban. Messages containing Apache Chief size font on the user page will be given a warning to take down the image, but if we can't even find the text box to warn you with, then we will warn you with a ban. User who do not take down the text on the about page a while after the first ban will be given another, leading up to a permanent if the user is very stubborn and intent upon keeping the text.

--Users who post in colors, bigger font, etc. on game pages intent on getting their comment noticed for a merit will be ignored.

--The HTML code can (probably) bypass the site censors. You know what happens when we find text with complete swearing.

--HTML that compromises the site and user's interaction with the site in general will be given a lengthy ban (and a permanent if continued without warning).

(more to add if necessary)

-----------------------------------------

This may or may not be a temporary feature of the site. The AG staff may take down the use of this kind of HTML code in the future.

• 138 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

master565 added a vote thing to his about. I am currently trying to find out how.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

well this seems interesting

Here's something interesting and less spammy:

<font size=100>.</font>

It's a big square using 100 size font. Hopefully, it won't cause a glitch.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I think you guys were so right to ban that KentyBK guy, what he did was ridiculous! Everyone should conform to the norms of the website, if anyone tries to be different then ANARCHY is born! Thank you guys for defending the site!

He isn't banned, i just checked.

master565 added a vote thing to his about. I am currently trying to find out how.

*hint* Look at the URL after voting
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Seeing a user's profile only disproves a perma-ban. KentyBK could be temp-banned, but his profile would still be visible.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

*hint* Look at the URL after voting

What does the resulting URL http://armorgames.com/user/master565/?just=trolling have to do with how you added the vote thing?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

That way of checking doesn't work anymore.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I don't think a temp-ban ever caused a 404, or did it do that in the past and stop before I joined?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't think a temp-ban ever caused a 404, or did it do that in the past and stop before I joined?

Before you could type in a person's username into the sign in bar without the password, press submit, and it would show you the ban reason.
harpers101
harpers101
2 posts
Peasant

is there a list of html tag codes?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Seeing a user's profile only disproves a perma-ban. KentyBK could be temp-banned, but his profile would still be visible.

I was using matrix's way, but maybe he's right.

is there a list of html tag codes?

I'm putting together a tutorial right now, I'm just doing some more tests to check if something worked.

<h6> test </h6>
<h5> test </h5>
<h4> test </h4>
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@master565: The tests result in normal text.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

@master565: The tests result in normal text.

Which is bad. I was trying to see if headers would show up. For some reason, the only header size that works is 3...

<h3> H3 test </h3>

I don't know why, but that is slightly annoying.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Which is bad. I was trying to see if headers would show up. For some reason, the only header size that works is 3...

H3 test

There is also an HTML code for non-header size. I don't know the code for header size 3, so I will simply post non-header size 3:

<font size=3>H3 test</font>
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Which is bad. I was trying to see if headers would show up. For some reason, the only header size that works is 3...

H3 test

There is also an HTML code for non-header size. I don't know the code for header size 3, so I will simply post non-header size 3:

H3 test[/quote]

Header size 3 is bigger than non-header size 3. I thought the difference would be closer, but header is clearly bigger.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I know, but headers are nice for simplicity

Header size 3 is bigger than non-header size 3. I thought the difference would be closer, but header is clearly bigger.

Yea, non header size 3 is a pt 3 font.
Showing 16-30 of 138