ForumsThe TavernMy last week of compulsory education

1 1082
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

It's my last week of compulsory education before my GCSE exams. I don't know what the education system is like in other countries but GCSE exams are taken by everyone in England at the age of 15 and 16 and this is my last week before I'm off school on study leave (time off school to revise for exams that start on the 15th)

How was you're last few weeks of school? Did you carry on to college and University? Looking back, were you're school days the best days of your life?

• 1 Reply
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Finally a british! I did my GCSE's almost three years ago, I dnt know about you but i was very nervous because my grades couldve either made me or break me. MY grades came out okay I guess by the end of it....sort of.

I remember throughout the exam period i kept on thinking I'd do this and that after my exams but after my exams me and mates realised something, we got all of the planned activities done in a week so we decided to go back to school for a laugh, we ended up smoking and nearly getting arrested for trespassing (since we finished we were no longer students), we had played hide and seek using the empty classrooms, then after all that we all decided to get a job because we were nothing with all the spare time, things 'suddenly' became more fun after we all got a job.

I decided to continue to higher education i.e. A-levels (btw probably the hardest stage in ur academic life) and university.

School days are honestly the best, you make some friends that will last a lifetime, you learn some of the most important social lessons from ur experiences ( for me it was how abusing painkillers can really mess you up for a while).

Showing 1-1 of 1