ForumsThe TavernSurvey-Windows, Macintosh, or Linux

11 2196
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

I have a little project I have to do where I ask people what they prefer out of three things, so I chose computer 3 different software systems because hey, why not?

There are two questions I would like you to answer-
1 Which do you like better: Windows, Mac or Linux?
2 If windows and mac were free (the software mind you) and for Linux you received $100 (you would have to theoretically use the operating system that you choose and can not choose more then one)

My opinion is:
1.Linux
2.Linux
You may also describe why you chose the way you chose

Thank you for the time- Escartian

• 11 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

1) Windows due to the wide range of programs, better computers, and simplicity over dealing with linux. This might change once Microsoft releases Windows 8, they're doing an extraordinarily good job at ruining their OS.

2) I would still probably go with Windows.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

1. Linux
2. Windows/Linux

There's really no doubt in my mind Linux is the best choice, I just haven't used it in ages and I'm so used to Windows. In reality, people should be payed for putting up with Apple products.

better computers

I'm sorry, this is about software not hardware.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

1. Windows. But I'm also a Mac fan, though I don't own one. Windows has more programs that are compatible with it, and I'm used to the interface. Linux is just....ugh for me.

2. Windows. One hundred quid is a poor incentive to change.

ymmit
ymmit
45 posts
Jester

1. Mac. Just because I prefer them. But I also use linux sometimes. Don't like windows at all, even though their are more games for it.

2. Still would go for a Mac.

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

1. Windows
2. Windows

Windows has for more compatibility and is far superior when gaming. If stable gaming was capable on Linux I would definitely use it. Windows is also overpriced, despite the great OS it is.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry, this is about software not hardware.

Orly? I'm talking about computer made for Windows, as opposed to any built for OSX. I've never used linux so I'm not considering it in either of my choices.
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

1. Windows, I looked at Linux and i just dont like it.
2. Windows

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

1. I would prefer windows, that the fact that I like it
2. It depends how good the computer data, memory, and quality (I would probaly pick Mac)

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

windows all the way

Thomas666666
Thomas666666
9 posts
Nomad

1. Windows, You can run a lot of programs on it.
2. Windows.

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

This question reminds me of the epic rap battle of history. Steve jobs vs bill gates. and then Hal 9000.
But i use windows. ive just grown used to windows. but im sure that mac is better. XD

Showing 1-11 of 11