ForumsWEPRIs Obama a good president?

242 62484
AgileCaribou
AgileCaribou
10 posts
Nomad

What has he done to help/hurt this country? I want to start getting into politics and I think it would be best to first understand what our current president has done to our country so I can learn from the next one. Please help me with as much information as you can.

• 242 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Yes of course he is a good president everyone who thinks otherwise is a republican therefore an idiot.
And saying that, dumb makes you sound. Avoid stereotypes you should. Wrong you are, all republicans are idiots not.
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

No repuplican is an idiot!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Disagree with you I do. With big enough group good chance there is someone idiot will be.
Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Agreed. The Politician of Nevada is getting on my nerves, Harry Reid, and there are a couple of extremeness as well. I personally think I am more independent than republican. I don't care who is what, as long as they are good people that will lead the country in the right direction...

There are extraordinary Republicans, And there are some awesome Democrats, Obama just doesn't seem to be one of them.

How is it hypocritical?

to use your own definition,
or offensive in order to upset people as a form of entertainment.

Is that clearer?

In case some of you are the type that thinks "troll" means &quoterson that disagrees with me and is rude",

I Don't, and please reread what was said three line up...

~Fogoten anything, did I

Master Obi-One ~Krillnobe
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

There are extraordinary Republicans, And there are some awesome Democrats, Obama just doesn't seem to be one of them.

True!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

There are many idiots on both sides, you've just been drummed political bull**** into your throat all time long.. the caricature you posted is factually wrong btw and I already showed you the first time you spammed it.

Awesome or not, be glad he's president. The alternatives would be worse for sure.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

There are many idiots on both sides, you've just been drummed political bull**** into your throat all time long.. the caricature you posted is factually wrong btw and I already showed you the first time you spammed it.

I think most of the politicians we have are idiots...that's why they usually win...

~Fogoten anything, did I
Master Obi-One ~Krillnobe

You sure that's not something Yoda would say? Also...forgotten?
Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

OK, ya, that was bad Yoda, I will stick to Krill11's Cryptic English from here-on-out...

Awesome or not, be glad he's president. The alternatives would be worse for sure.

Possibly, we will really never know the other people that ran, or could have run...

I think most of the politicians we have are idiots...that's why they usually win...

And sadly we put them there, many are good guys, many are not, its One of the many reasons why I hate Political Party's...

~Krill11
nahiyanman
nahiyanman
21 posts
Nomad

Some more plus points-He supplied Iftar in the white house.

Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Obama seems to support everything though. Every group, every part that will make him look good, not what he may actually believe...

~Krill11

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

OK, ya, that was bad Yoda, I will stick to Krill11's Cryptic English from here-on-out...
With the long sentences you usually write, yoda would be pretty hard to do.

I actually think politicians are pretty smart, I mean, come on, they did con the nation into electing them and giving them ridiculous amounts of money.

Awesome or not, be glad he's president. The alternatives would be worse for sure
You have a point, picking the lesser of two evils is always hard.

Obama seems to support everything though. Every group, every part that will make him look good, not what he may actually believe...
Then you got Romney who switches what he believes and says stuff like, "you should vote for me because my wife owns 4 corvettes, (paid for of course)"
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

This is what I think of Obama, no offense Intended towards anyone, but I think Obama is taking too much credit for things he hasn't done, and he hasn't done what he said he would so I'm against him.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I actually think politicians are pretty smart, I mean, come on, they did con the nation into electing them and giving them ridiculous amounts of money.

I don't know where you get such baloney, but politicians actually earn fairly little compared to other jobs they can hold with their credentials. POTUS for example, makes only half a million, this when juxtaposed with the millions a banker makes, should make you think twice.

I wouldn't say his a bad president, in fact his a decent one, the best since Clinton. He never got a fair chance to enact all he wanted due to filibustering and messing around by the opposition. Romney claiming Obama doesn't deserve credit for things is just being sour grapes. He for example, did order the surge in Afghanistan and the reduction in Iraq which definitely helped to pin down Osama. Claiming it would happen under any other President is playing useless parlor games of guesswork.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't know where you get such baloney, but politicians actually earn fairly little compared to other jobs they can hold with their credentials. POTUS for example, makes only half a million, this when juxtaposed with the millions a banker makes, should make you think twice.
and the average American makes how much? My thought on how much politicians make. It should not be more then what a soldier makes, for their job is supposed to be a service. In fact, soldiers should probably make more, because they put their lives on the line for the country.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm sorry but governing the most important nation in the world, and caring for the lives of 300 million people is totally not crucial and not deserving of such a salary. Take a step back and look at how ridiculous your statement was. If that was the case, NO fool would want to take the job and be hounded by half the country.

Showing 226-240 of 242