ForumsThe TavernWhy do women go to the toilet as a group?

15 2065
Target_Practice
Target_Practice
27 posts
Nomad

You never see blokes skipping over to their buddies asking them to come to the toilets. In fact eye contact and silence should be maintained in the gents.

So why do they do it? What in the name of all that is holy are they doing in there as a group?

This post is purely tongue in cheek, not aiming to offend anyone. So what are they up to, your views?

• 15 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

As far as I am aware, the girls that actually do this (which seems to be a selected breed on their own rather than a general happenstance) do it due to the social nature they have.
For one, they do not have the 'no talkies' taboo of the male rest room, which means a conversation can continue out there, they feel more secure like that, and won't get away from the group if they are out drinking and partying, and arguably, it is easier to adjust make-up and get help adjusting clothing if your friends are with you.
Or just for the same reason women continue to argue that men and women are from two different planets: Different customs.
But I do know plenty of women who find a toilet visit to be just that. A toilet visit. Which means no reason to gather in a group, just as I have heard stories of the toilet taboo being broken by men with no ability to shut up, especially after the invention of the cell phone, who consider it alright to continue a conversation with the other end of the line throughout a toilet visit of any nature.

Target_Practice
Target_Practice
27 posts
Nomad

That seems a very logical and is probably the correct answer. They are probably not building some kind of giant shopping robot.

Still you never know.

Also for men who talk whilst I'm using the rest room, I enjoy my rest room time, this displeases me greatly.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, I don't think, ideally, that there is enough space in a rest room to make a massive shopping robot (which would probably deprive those woman of the joys of shopping), but I have seen plenty of (comedic) examples of what else they might be using those rest rooms for. College humour made a fine video of one scenario, if I remember correctly.

I generally like my peace. The rest room is not a place for noise and talk. Listening in on other people's conversations are bad enough in the firs place, but being forced to do so (or being talked to while taking a dump...) is not only disturbing, but also somewhat respectful of others right to get their business over with.
Toilet breaks are serious business.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

As can be seen in the animal kingdom, predators often target prey that is alone, and avoid the stregnth of the group. Thus this could stem from a subconcious desire of safety in numbers, meaning that a rapist or kidnapper is less likely to assault a group of girls than a lone girl in the restroom.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I just think that it's something in the water that flows through the women's rooms pipes...

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Lol zaky thats funny lol they go to the bathroom together and well I would mind your own stuff unless you like getting slaped ?????

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Toilet breaks are serious business.

ha ha ha ha ha
dude what the heck

but yah just as Cenere said they either go in there to socialize, or fix their hair
ive seen girls go in to the bathroom with their hair down and come out with it up
thats what girls do if they don't wanna say something in front of everyone (guys in particular)
girls are a lot closer than guys
I doubt it has to do with anythiung related to a shopping robot, being kidnapped, or the water in the pipes

now this im nit 100% sure about this since im a guy but in comparison to our class this sounds 95% true

this also is more in young girls/ women
not just women in particular
Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well, I think they go to the bathroom as a group because they wanna talk about makeup, rumors, etc. (From Upper Elementary to sometimes even high school.) I am a girl and I am not one of those girls that just wants to talk about makeup. I embrace being different, instead of trying to act the same as my friends.

If it's for older women (like women in their 30s-40s), I wouldn't really know. It probably has nothing to do with menstruation, (AKA: periods.) I really don't know why, but I will learn when I get a bit older.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

As can be seen in the animal kingdom, predators often target prey that is alone, and avoid the stregnth of the group. Thus this could stem from a subconcious desire of safety in numbers, meaning that a rapist or kidnapper is less likely to assault a group of girls than a lone girl in the restroom.

i actually agree with this comment the most. the bathroom is a really small and closed place and you can never know who your going to see there. some people dont like being alone with strangers in such small places. actually, im like that and thats why i dont go to public restroom (usually. id go if i needed but i would feel uncomfortable) still... i dont ask others to go with me :S

also... some people might even feel embarassed to do their thing in a public place EVEN if you can lock the door and things like that.

maybe makeup is just an excuse for the reason i gave? i really dont know
JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

When girls urinate in close proximity, their menstrual cycles sync up at a faster rate.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

ok i asked one of my friend once she said incase someone trys to attack them they allway have someone to go and run for help

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

ok i asked one of my friend once she said incase someone trys to attack them they allway have someone to go and run for help

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

I don't do this....... O.o but I think they just want to do their hair and stuff...

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Lol... this is the reason why I don't go to restaurants without at least one other guy. Because guess who gets left alone at the table when all the women go to the bathroom!

Maybe they do it just to avoid the presence of a man for a few minutes...

mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

They dont go in public restrooms, they use them as a secret meeting room to plot out the end of the world, but dont say that or you'll be hunted down by them.

Showing 1-15 of 15