ForumsThe TavernMLB Hitters

5 1489
iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

While watching the Reds - Brewers game today I noticed something. I know this thread won't draw a lot of attention so I don't plan on a ton of responses, if you do respond make it something useful.

All of these hitters get very angry when they strike-out on 100 MPH+ fastballs just like today when a guy on the Brewers struck-out on a 101 MPH fastball from Aroldis Chapman. He swung great on every pitch too, he had great form and a nice swing threw. I understand the fact that the score was 0-0 when he was up to bat, there was another inning to be played though with two outs (he was the last out).

Is all this getting angry necessary? It makes sense that your mad, everyone is mad when they strike-out but throwing gear and swearing won't do anything, it's already over and done. Replays are there for a reason, you mess up for a reason. To Get Better.

This is the true question. Should these hitters get so angry? If yes or no tell why.

• 5 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well baseball is many players' lives, they get really passionate, so yes, I think they should get angry, for they know they could have done better. Throwing gear might be a little over the top, but still I think they do have a valid reason for being very angry. Baseball is everything to them.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Should these hitters get so angry?

Well, in a game you get to hit at least 3 times maybe 4 so they shouldn't get too angry. If anything, they should be embarrassed because a million people just watched them strike out. But if he didn't swing and the umpire calls him out, and it was clearly a ball, then I guess he has the right to be angry.
derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

albert puhols isn't doing so well with hrs.only one!he had alot more last year!:P

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

albert puhols isn't doing so well with home runs!only one!

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

albert puhols isn't doing so well with home runs!only one!

It's still only a month into the season. He has plenty of time to get his game back together!
Showing 1-5 of 5