ForumsThe Tavernpost 19th century art

6 2062
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Well for this assignment i have to do for a class, i need 10 paintings, or pieces of art that are related to either the bible, or greek/roman mythology. i currently have 5. 2 are picasso's, one is a matisse, one is a manet, the other is a warhol.

they dont exactly have to be about Greek mythology or the bible, as long as it references it.

if you could tell me what the picture is called, what date it was made, and link me to your source, you help shall be greatly appreciated

• 6 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Ever heard of Jerzy Nowosielski?

Neither had I until I stumbled across his name while searching for 20th century pictures of Christ. Turns out he's painted a number of Biblical pieces!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Warhol isn't 19th Century.....

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

It's post 19th century, stupid.

You could look at some CoBrA artists. the CoBrA was a group of artists around the 1920s from Amsterdam, Brussels and Copenhague (Thus CoBrA). I'm not sure if they made paintings about greek culture or bible stuff since it was usually abstract.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Uh huh, I read it as posh. Mea culpa, though I don't appreciate your rudeness.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

It's post 19th century, stupid.

Hey Angel... CALM DOWN.

If you haven't already used it, 'Geurnica' by Picasso would be a good peice to use. It was painted sometime in the '30s, though I can't get any more specific than that.
Showing 1-6 of 6