ForumsThe TavernWorst Times to get Sick

42 6072
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

When do you think the worst time to get sick is?

Personally I think it is right before finals and stuff. It really sucks when you are trying to take a test and you are sick. Hard to concentrate.

• 42 Replies
Sharpshooter_Alpha
Sharpshooter_Alpha
40 posts
Nomad

Personally I think its when ur in a big game and all the pressure is on u and u screw up

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I have a strange feeling you just got sick.... right before taking finals....

Well same, except not while taking finals. I don't know, getting sick in the first place is pretty bad no matter what. I would say in the middle of a vacation because it ruins the whole thing. Also couldn't you skip school if you're sick on final day and take them another day? Or maybe in a very important meeting and then you puke all over everyone :P

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Have you ever tried to make a speech with a sore throat and a stuffy nose? Trust me, it's not easy!

For starters, your voice is severely muffled, so you really have to rely on the microphone for people to hear you! You also have to take a short break every time you need to blow your nose, and you have to be careful to do that AWAY from the microphone! Not to mention that the mouth is the only remaining functioning breathing apparatus, so the microphone carries your loud mouth-breathing across the whole room! And with a muffled voice, of course, your breathing can sometimes drown out what you have to say!

Put all of that together and you've got one hell of an awful experience, not just for you but for everyone who has to sit through it! That was by far the worst parents night ever.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I have a strange feeling you just got sick.... right before taking finals....

Sorta. Had my AP US History AP test today. Unless you are pretty much in the hospital you have to be there to take it or just not take it at all. It is just a sore throat and a runny nose. Not too bad.
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Right before u have some big sports thing. Like a tournament. I have one soon. Luckily i'm not gonna get sick.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Luckily i'm not gonna get sick.

That's what they all say, and then... BAM!

Do you know how hard it is to run and blow your nose at the same time?
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

When your supposed to be on a date...I thank god that hasn't happened! Oh crap...

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Have you ever tried to make a speech with a sore throat and a stuffy nose?

No, but I can already play one out in my mind... with an added cough:

"Greetings! 'sniff sniff' I'm here to tell you about 'cough cough cough' (clears throat) about the new even- evaaaa CHOOO! 'blows nose' the new event we have coming up 'sniff' here. (and so on)

Do you know how hard it is to run and blow your nose at the same time?

Yes, but it rarely happens.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

"Greetings! 'sniff sniff' I'm here to tell you about 'cough cough cough' (clears throat) about the new even- evaaaa CHOOO! 'blows nose' the new event we have coming up 'sniff' here. (and so on)

Almost, but you also have to replace all the m's and n's with b's and d's! It ends up sounding like Chaz from Rugrats. =P

Yes, but it rarely happens.

If you stop to blow your nose like a normal person, than it's pretty rare. But that's not always easy to do when you're expected to give everything you've got into running around on a field or a court!
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

A terrible time to get sick is before a speech tournament. Or before a musical/play and you're a lead.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Going to a Model United Nations conference when you are sick is horrible. You have to give multiple speeches, think, and there is pressure. And depending on the council, sometimes your surrounded by idiots who just like to listen to themselves talk.

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

while in outer space. that would suck.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

Right after sex.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

If you stop to blow your nose like a normal person, than it's pretty rare. But that's not always easy to do when you're expected to give everything you've got into running around on a field or a court!

Thinking about it, you COULD also just blow your nose into your hand and wipe it somewhere (not that I've done it) but... yeah.

Also, about the &quotretty rare" I meant getting sick to that degree of runny nose before running around, not blowing my nose, so to clear things up.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The worst time I've ever been sick was when I was in Vegas, but that's nothing compared to what you guys have said.

The worst time I can think of in which you could get sick is when you're visiting a third-world country. Sick, injured... anything that would require medicine or medical attention, you're SOL.

One of the main reasons I stay away from countries lacking sufficient modern medicine.

Showing 1-15 of 42