ForumsThe TavernFavorite Mythological Stories

15 1956
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

Thread for showing our Favorite Mythological stories:

My favorite is Norse Mythology, Favorite story would be the story of Thor fighting the World Serpent Jormungand

• 15 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I would have to go with Greek. Don't really know what my favorite story would be though. I just like Greek mythology.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I like Greek mythology too. I also like Native American, and Mayan, Aztec, etc. Quetzalcoatyl (sp?) is one of my favorites. It was the God of one of the Native American tribes, and it was a giant dragon. It was said to take the form of humans, so if the tribe thought one of the people in the tribe was the dragon, they would burn them to release the spirit.

Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that is how it is.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Norse myth is amazing, and brutal. My favorite particular story would have to be how they captured Fenrir, and how Tyr sacrificed his hand to capture the beast.

mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

Greek mythology is ok, it's just more well known than alot of the other mythology that exists. I like native american mythology too.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I love the story of the greek gods came to be to do with the fall of the titans I can't remember it exactly so if your interested just look it up I'm sure you will be able to find it.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

My favorite was the story of Bellerophon. It is Greek and I had to research it for English. Pretty good.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I enjoy greek mythology as well, that's one reason why my username is what it is.

Basically it said that "The Santi" comes every one hundred years to show humanity perfection.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

My favorite would have to be Greek, I love Chinese mythology though to. They just are cool to learn about to me.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I love the story of the greek gods came to be to do with the fall of the titans I can't remember it exactly so if your interested just look it up I'm sure you will be able to find it.

That would be the Titanomachia, is it?

I like Greek mythology too, it's true that it offers a lot of nice stories. But it's almost overused.

I love Norse mythology however. Their creation myth is probably the most funny and weird thing I ever heard. The concept of Niddhoggr and the Wyrd are very deep and interesting. And Thor and Loki are probably the funniest 'buddies' ever imagined; for example there's that story where Loki gave Thors hammer to the giants and then had to come with Thor to get it back: they disguised Thor as a bride for the giant leader :P he then of course got mad, blew his cover, took the hammer and slayed all giants... well what do you expect^^
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

I love the greek myth of Hera,Zeus,and Io.I made a drawing from that and my art teacher got it in the mandavi art center at UC Davis.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I really like greek mythology because of Percy Jackson

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I love the Mythological story of the Minotaur as most of you already know because of my username. XD

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

The Twelve Tasks of Hercules

P.S.
Icarus was a doofus. What kind of a person would do that?

blueshrike
blueshrike
75 posts
Nomad

My favorite mythology is Greek. I like the story of the Trojan War, that was very interesting.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

i like how thor loki and thialfi challanged the giants in utgard

Showing 1-15 of 15