ForumsArt, Music, and Writinggot an music program/software you use or like?

12 4900
RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

i am pretty bussy with making music but not always got time for checking out music or software.
i use FL 8 and Logic studio 8.1 atm.
iam also planning too buy antares and maybe reason 4.0

but do you also use music software or seen any good music software?
i'll be happy too check them all out =J

• 12 Replies
RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

and iam soon gone post in here samples what i made, but first i wanna check out some new software

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I have FL, though I'm no good with music.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I use Reason and I love it. It's expensive, but it's great software.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i like the music program Itunes :P

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Agreed with ubertuna. I have Reason 3.0 and it rocks the house. Now if only I could actually use it properly...I struggle, I struggle real bad.

Main reason being my background is Classical music, not Electronic. For that reason I use Sibelius as I'm familiar with Classical notation and will write my music directly onto manuscript. But one can only do so much with that- I can only write skeletons of pieces, not realise them in any way that I'd want to record in terms of real audio.

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

ya i was also planning too get it, i have logic studio instruments, but also planning too buy the whole set of it, like audio library and that kind of stuff, also, i made out of mine room some kind of studio, i got mixing tables, piano's (3), 3 kinds of microphones, special headsets, and more, took some years too build it up but i got it.

i said i also wanted too buy antares, its not an music software, its more of an vocoder, but i wonder if anyone got antares.
if so, what is so special about it.
i looked some up but i never saw anything that sounds bad, and every program or software got something bad as far i experienced it.
got any tips?

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I use garageband, it's pretty good. I have made pretty bad songs on it but I get better as I go along. My brother actually mastered GarageBand and went on to use logic studio, which is also pretty beast, but much more advanced.

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

well iam not really an type for garageband, i rather like logic studio, specialy since i can't really make the hardstyle sound garageband, i tried it but it never goes how i want it. i got 1 part of logic studio, and i will get the rest soon, for now i use FL 8.
but since alot people also use it i wanted too make an change, specialy since new music creators rather choose FL.
i got an few friends also starting too make music, and they all got FL or want too have FL.

stratplayer929
stratplayer929
99 posts
Nomad

Guitar Pro works pretty well for just tabbing and sheeting my music.
I never tried Garage Band. Soundbooth CS3 had some nice editing effects. Also, I looked at frutyloops and Orion. But I haven't really tried anything other than Guitar Pro for my own work--I just like looking at sound software lol.

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

is it only guitars or also instruments?
and can you add vocals or strings too your music?
or in other words can you make trance/techno with it?

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

i use audacity to make ringtones, its not on the same scale as what you are probably talking about but it works for me.. i'm pretty sure its free at download.com..

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

ringtones? what kind of program are you using too make ringtones?

Showing 1-12 of 12